Add to Favorites
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2018-19
DLF Foundation Scholarship (AKANKSHA) 2017
Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
These awards will provide an excellent opportunity to young Indian researchers (permanent faculty), under the age of 40 years to interact with the American academic/scientific community and get first hand information of the developments taking place at the international level and acquaint themselves with new academic and scientific research methods and to participate in collaborative research projects. It will enable young Indian researchers to carry out a clearly defined research project and/or acquire newly emerging research techniques and technologies at a place of their choice in USA for a period of up to 12 months. This fellowship would be called a Post Doctoral Fellowship to be awarded by University Grants Commission, India.
1. The applicant should be a permanent teacher in a university/institution recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
2. The applicant should possess at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree.
3. The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences) or MD/MS/Ph.D. in Medical Sciences.
4. The Applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
5. The applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 1st June, 2015.
6. The reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.
Candidate should apply online for this scholarship. The link is provided in the useful links section.
The nominee should have been accepted by a US university/scientific/technological/ research institution, which is internationally recognized as an outstanding institution where major work in the area of study identified by the nominee is in progress. There should be willingness on the part of the American institution to accept and extend necessary support to the candidate for the work proposed. No bench fee will be charged by host institution in US.
The candidate should himself/herself correspond with the proposed host institution of US for placement. Candidate is required to produce evidence for this minimally, in the form of electronic communication, with the US institution to be visited along with merits/uniqueness of that host institute in the proposed area which satisfies the selection panel about the acceptance of the candidate if he/she is selected.