Honda Foundation Japan has introduced an independent program named Young Engineer's and Scientist Award (Y-E-S Award)-2017.The objective is to foster future leaders in the field of science and technology and also strengthen Japanese ties with India through a provision of financial aid to young Indian researchers and engineers.The grant is awarded in two stages.
In order to apply for this award, a student must be of-
- Indian Institute of Technology, registered in a four-year B.Tech or five-year dual degree (M.Tech.) Programme.
- IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur and IIT Hyderabad only.
- 5th-semester having CGPA of 7.00 & above in each respective four semesters.
HOW TO APPLY
The application can be done online only.
In order to apply, follow the steps given below-
Step 1- Click here. to register by checking out the eligibility.
Step 2- Once registered, fill in the necessary details and create login id.
Step 3- Login and complete the application process.
Step 4- Upload all required documents in PDF format (except passport size photograph).
Step 5- Submit the duly filled application form.
- Transcript with CGPA for all four semesters or Individual CGPA mark sheet for all 4 semesters.
- On the spot essay to be given this time at the respective IITs
- Certificates of distinguished awards or prizes received if any. Minimum 3 certificates have to be uploaded in the application form under Other section of A, B & C (Mandatory).
Selection process for Y-E-S Award and Y-E-S Award Plus-
- All application will be collected by Y-E-S Administration Office (YAO).
- Submitted application and essays are scored by the Y-E-S Award Selection Committee.
- Award Selection Committee will shortlist the candidates by conducting interviews.
- The finalist list will be examined by the Japanese HOF Grant Committee (HCG) and awardees will be decided.
- There will be no separate selection process for the Y-E-S Award Plus. Any Y-E-S Award recipient who meets the conditions above may request this award, and their requests are received and confirmed by the YAO, and then approved by the Honda Foundation Y-E-S Office (“HOF Y-E-S Office”) in Tokyo.
- The Y-E-S Award Plus is not an independent program, but a constituent part of the Honda Y-E-S Award program.
Award will be given in two stages-
Stage I- The Y-E-S Award-
- The Award would recognize brilliant students who would drive future society towards an eco-technological orientation.
- The receipt will receive US$ 3,000 in equivalent Indian Rupees.
Stage II- Y-E-S Award Plus-
- Every Y-E-S Award recipient becomes eligible for the Y-E-S Award Plus, an additional award, if, within three years after he/she received the Y-E-S Award prize, he/she is admitted to, and pledges to attend within one year after admission, either of the following-
- A credit-granting internship program offered by a Japanese company or research institute's summer program for two and half months. Internship participants will receive US$ 7,000 for an internship in Japan + US$ 3,000 preparation fees for further study in Japan (10 weeks) for Y-E-S Plus.
- US$ 10,000 for Post-Graduation studies in Japan (1-2 years) as Y-E-S Award Plus.
No documents available.