What is Digital India Internship Scheme 2018-19?
Digital India Internship Scheme 2018-19 invites applications from students pursuing a BE/BTech (2nd/3rd year) or an integrated degree BE/BTech, ME/MTech (4th/5th year). The key objective of the internship is to provide practical and first-hand work experience to students under the guidance of experienced and qualified mentor/supervisor.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The internship is being offered by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
An applicant must -
- Be pursuing a BE/BTech in the 2nd/3rd year of 10+2+4 education pattern, OR
- Be pursuing an integrated or dual degree (BE/BTech, ME/MTech) in the 4th/5th year of 10+2+5 education pattern, AND
- Have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the last qualifying examination.
Note: The candidates who have an exposure to the area of the intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification based on need will receive preference under this program.
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the internship online through following steps -
Step 2: Once registered, log in using registered email id and password.
Step 3: Click on "Apply for services" and then "View services".
Step 4: Click on "Apply".
Step 5: Fill in all required details.
Step 6: Submit the completed form in all respect.
What are the benefits ?
- The selected interns will be paid a token remuneration of INR 10,000 per month, subject to their satisfactory performance during the internship, duly certified by their mentor/supervisor.
- The interns will also receive a certificate of internship issued by the ministry on completion of the internship and the submission of report duly signed and accepted by the competent authority.
What are the selection criteria ?
The shortlisting and selection process will be taken care by the respective organisations/divisions/ groups of the concerned domain. The selection will be based on candidate's performance in the personal/Skype interview.
What are the important dates ?
Internship launch date: 9 May 2018
Application deadline: 23 May 2018
Selection of applications by GCs: 24 May 2018 to 31 May 2018
Result Declaration: 1 June 2018
An offer of Internship by the Admin: 1 June 2018
Confirmation for the internship by applicants: 1 June 2018 to 3 June 2018
Terms and Conditions
- The internship will be offered twice in a year during summer (between May and June) and winter (between December and January).
- The minimum duration of the internship is 2 months that can be extended up to 3 months based on the candidate's performance, the requirement of the Ministry and the time that the intern wants to spend with the Ministry.
- The key areas of research include -
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Cyber Laws and Cyber Security
- Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Internation Cooperation and Industrial Promotion
- Hardware Industry/Digital Payments
- Electronic Testing
- A total of 25 slots are available for this internship programme.
- The remuneration will be provided to interns after the completion of internship on submission of the report duly signed and accepted by the ministry.