SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-06-2022 Posted By : Salma
SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2021-22 is an initiative by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)* for students of Classes 1 to 12. It is a single-level exam for the students who want to showcase their talent at the national level. The selected students stand a chance to receive up to INR 50,000 and other benefits.
*SOF is an educational organization that was established with the aim of promoting Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, English, Social Studies, General Knowledge and professional courses.
SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
For Level 1 -
- Be a student from Classes 1 to 12
For Level 2 -
- Be a student from Class 3 to 12
- Be among the top 5% of students class-wise in the first level exam. (Note: Due priority will be given to marks scored in different sections).
- Be among the top 25 rank holders from each class at the zonal level
- Be a class topper from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam and score 50% qualifying marks
The olympiad topper awards at the international and zonal level will be given to winners of 2nd level. For students of classes 1 and 2, the international and zonal level awards will be provided to 1st level winners. The award comprises -
At International Level -
- A total of 12 awards of INR 50,000 each, gold medal, and certificate of outstanding performance to first rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 25,000 each, silver medal, and certificate of outstanding performance to second rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 10,000 each, bronze medal, and certificate of outstanding performance to third rank holders.
At Zonal Level -
- A total of 312 awards of INR 5,000 each, gold medal and certificate of zonal excellence to first rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 2,500 each, silver medal and certificate of zonal excellence for second rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 1,000 each, bronze medal, and certificate of zonal excellence for third rank holders.
- A total of 2184 awards of gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal of distinction, certificate of distinction, and certificate of zonal excellence to 4th to 10th rank holders.
- A total of 4680 awards of the certificate of zonal excellence, medal of distinction, and certificate of distinction to 11th to 25th rank holders.
- All rank holders from 26th and above rank will receive a merit certificate.
- A total of 7,800 awards of medal of distinction and certificate of distinction will be given to the top 25 rank holders of level one at the zonal level.
- All rank holders at 26th and above rank will receive a participation certificate at level 1.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidates can apply for the olympiad by using the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button below and read all details.
Step 2: The students are requested to contact the school to apply for the opportunity.
Note - The prospectus containing the registration forms will be sent to all schools registered with SOF. The schools that have not registered can also request for prospectus by sending an email at - email@example.com or by calling - 0124-4951200. The schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date at the below-mentioned address -
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
1st Floor, Plot no. 99,
Sector - 44, Gurugram (Haryana) India
Pin Code - 122003
For EXAM DATE ONE – 24th September 2022
Application Deadline - 9th September 2022
For EXAM DATE TWO – 14th October 2022
Application Deadline - 29th September 2022
For EXAM DATE THREE – 1st November 2022
Application Deadline - 17th October 2022
The selection will be based on the student's performance in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- The syllabus for students of Class 1 to 4 comprises 30 questions from word and structure knowledge, reading, spoken and written expression carrying one mark each and 5 questions from achievers section carrying 2 marks each which makes the total marks 40.
- The syllabus for students of Class 5 to 12 comprises 45 questions from word and structure knowledge, reading, spoken and written expression of 1 mark each and 5 questions of achievers section carrying 3 marks each which makes the total marks 60.
- The examination will be conducted in the English language only.
- A minimum of 10 students should be registered from each school.
- Each school can select a date for conducting the Olympiad at its own convenience.
- Each student will receive a Student Performance Report (SPR) that analyses both the strong and weak areas of students.
- The examination will be conducted during school hours.
- The results of the Olympiad will be declared within 8 weeks of the examination. The results will be made available on the website as well as at concerned schools.
- There are separate question papers for each class.
- Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal pay to SOF a registration fee of Rs 125 (including GST) (US$9 for other countries) per student/Olympiad towards the cost of the examination. Schools may charge an additional Rs 25 (US$1 for other countries) per student towards honorarium of incharge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and for other expenses. No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more