SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Science Olympiad Foundation invites applications for SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2020-21 from students of Class 1 to 12. It is a two-level examination conducted every year in which the students are judged at the school level, zonal level and international level.
SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
For Level 1
To appear for level 1 examination -
- An applicant must be a student from Class 1 to 12.
For Level 2
To appear for level 2 examination -
- An applicant must be a student from Class 3 to 12.
- He/she must be among the top 5% of students class-wise in the first level exam. (Note: Due priority will be given to marks scored in different sections).
- He/she must be among the top 25 rank holders from each class at the zonal level.
- He/she must be a class topper from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam and score 50% qualifying marks.
The olympiad topper awards at the international and zonal level will be given to winners of 2nd level. For students of classes 1 and 2, the international and zonal level awards will be provided to 1st level winners. The award comprises -
At International Level
- A total of 12 awards of INR 50,000 each, gold medal and certificate of outstanding performance to first rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 25,000 each, silver medal and certificate of outstanding performance to second rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 10,000 each, bronze medal and certificate of outstanding performance to third rank holders.
At Zonal Level
- A total of 312 awards of INR 5,000 each, gold medal and certificate of zonal excellence to first rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 2,500 each, silver medal and certificate of zonal excellence for second rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 1,000 each, bronze medal and certificate of zonal excellence for third rank holders.
- A total of 2184 awards of gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal of distinction, certificate of distinction and certificate of zonal excellence to 4th to 10th rank holders.
- A total of 4680 awards of the certificate of zonal excellence, medal of distinction and certificate of distinction to 11th to 25th rank holders.
- All rank holders from 26th and above rank will receive a merit certificate.
- A total of 7800 awards of medal of distinction and certificate of distinction will be given to top 25 rank holders of level one at zonal level.
- All rank holders at 26th and above rank will receive a participation certificate at level 1.
To know more, click here.
Documents How can you apply?
All eligible students can apply for the Olympiad through their respective schools. SOF will send the prospectus along with the registration forms to all the registered schools. They need to return the duly filled registration forms to SOF before the due date.
Note: In case, if a school is not registered, it may send a request for prospectus by sending an email at email@example.com. Also, all applicants have to submit a registration fee of INR 125 (including 18% GST) towards the cost of the examination.
Application deadline: 31st August 2020
The selection will be based on the student's performance in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- The syllabus for students of Class 1 to 4 comprises 30 questions from word and structure knowledge, reading, spoken and written expression carrying one marks each and 5 questions from achievers section carrying 2 marks each which makes the total marks 40.
- The syllabus for students of Class 5 to 12 comprises 45 questions from word and structure knowledge, reading, spoken and written expression of 1 mark each and 5 questions of achievers section carrying 3 marks each which makes the total marks 60.
- The examination will be conducted in the English language only.
- A minimum of 10 students should be registered from each school.
- Each school can select a date for conducting the Olympiad at its own convenience.
- Each student will receive a Student Performance Report (SPR) that analyses both the strong and weak areas of students.
- The examination will be conducted during school hours.
- The results of the Olympiad will be declared within 8 weeks of the examination. The results will be made available on the website as well as at concerned schools.
- There are separate question papers for each class.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more