SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 27-04-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)* to students of Class 1 to 12. It is a single-level exam for students who want to showcase their talent at the national level. The selected students stand a chance to receive up to INR 50,000 and other benefits.
*SOF is an educational organization that was established with the aim of promoting Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, English, Social Studies, General Knowledge and professional courses.
SOF International English Olympiad (IEO) 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must -
For Level 1 -
- be a student of Class 1 to 12
For Level 2 -
- be a student of Class 3 to 12
- be among the top 5% of students class-wise in the first-level exam at the international level
- be among the top 25 rank holders from each class at the zonal level
The Olympiad topper awards at the international and zonal levels will be given to winners of the 2nd level. For students of Class 1 and 2, the international and zonal level awards will be provided to 1st-level winners. The award comprises participation Certification for each student. and a merit certificate to 2nd-level participants.
At International Level -
- A total of 12 awards of INR 50,000 each, a gold medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to first-rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 25,000 each, a silver medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to second-rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 10,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to third-rank holders.
Note - In case two or more students achieve the same international rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 10 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 11 or more students get the same rank, regarding the cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each and a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
At Zonal Level -
- A total of 312 awards of INR 5,000 each, a gold medal and a certificate of zonal excellence to first-rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 2,500 each, a silver medal and a certificate of zonal excellence for second-rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 1,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence for third-rank holders.
- A total of 2,184 awards of gifts worth INR 500 each, and a certificate of zonal excellence to 4th to 10th rank holders.
- A total of 4,680 awards of the certificate of zonal excellence to 11th to 25th rank holders.
- All rank holders from the 26th and above rank will receive a merit certificate.
- A total of 7,800 awards of medals of distinction and certificates of distinction will be given to the top 25 rank holders of level one at the zonal level.
- At level 1, all rank holders at 26th and above rank will receive a participation certificate.
Note - In case two or more students achieve the same zonal rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 5 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 6 or more students get the same rank, regarding the cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- For single-level exams and for 2-level exams, a medal of distinction and certificate of distinction is awarded for 1st-level performance. Zonal medals and certificates of zonal excellence will be awarded to the 2nd-level performance.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below -
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: The students are required to contact the school authority to apply for the opportunity.
Note - The prospectus containing the registration forms will be sent to all schools registered with SOF. The schools that have not registered can also request for prospectus by sending an email to - firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling - 0124-4951200. The schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date at the below-mentioned address -
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
1st Floor, Plot no. 99,
Sector - 44, Gurugram (Haryana) India
Pin Code - 122003
For EXAM DATE ONE – 26th September 2023
Application Deadline - 27th August 2023
For EXAM DATE TWO – 12th October 2023
Application Deadline - 12th September 2023
For EXAM DATE THREE – 2nd November 2023
Application Deadline - 3rd October 2023
The selection will be based on the student's performance in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- The syllabus for students of Class 1 to 4 comprises 30 questions from word and structure knowledge, reading, spoken and written expression carrying one mark each and 5 questions from the achievers' section carrying 2 marks each which makes a total of 40 marks.
- The syllabus for students of Class 5 to 12 comprises 45 questions from word and structure knowledge, reading, spoken and written expression of 1 mark each and 5 questions of achievers' section carrying 3 marks each which makes a total of 60 marks.
- Results of Olympiads are declared within 8 weeks of the examination. The results are sent to the school concerned. The results are also made available on the website of SOF.
- The examination will be conducted in the English language only.
- Each school can select a date for conducting the Olympiad at its own convenience.
- Each student will receive a Student Performance Report (SPR) that analyses both the strong and weak areas of students.
- The examination will be conducted during school hours.
- There are separate question papers for each class.
- Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal pay SOF a registration fee of INR 125 (including GST) (US$9 for other countries) per student/Olympiad towards the cost of the examination.
- Schools may charge an additional INR 25 (US$1 for other countries) per student towards the honorarium of charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and other expenses.
- No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more