Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India invites applications for Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) 2019-20 from children of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to assist them to pursue undergraduate courses in Indian Universities and Institutions. The selected students will be awarded 75% of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) subject to a maximum of USD 4,000 per annum.
Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be a ward of Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/OCI, Or
- Must be a ward of Non-resident Indian (NRI), Or
- Must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying outside India (ECR based outside India), Or
- Must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying in India (ECR based in India)
- Must have completed class 11 and 12 from abroad
- Must have passed class 12 board examination with a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks or equivalent
- Must be between the age group of 17 and 21 years as on 31st October 2019.
- Must belong to a family where monthly income is not more than USD 4000.
- Must not receive any scholarship sponsored or funded by the State Government or Central Government.
Selected students will receive financial assistance as given hereunder:
- In the first year, partial financial assistance of 75% of the total of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) subject to a maximum of USD 4,000 per annum will be given (whichever is lower).
- In the second and subsequent year, partial assistance of 75% of the total of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) or USD 4,000 per annum (whichever is lower) will be given to the students who scored 50% marks cumulatively.
- If the students scored less than 50% but have obtained passing marks in all the subjects, they are entitled to receive 90% of the scholarship.
- If the students do not secure pass marks in all subjects but have been promoted to the next academic year by the University/Institute. they will receive 50% of the scholarship.
Note: The IEC includes tuition fee, hostel fee and other institutional charges.
- Self-attested salary certificate of the parents from the employer based in a foreign country
- Admission letter issued by the institution
- PIO card or OCI card issued by the Government of India
- Academic transcripts of marks/grades secured in the qualifying examination (Note: For PIO/NRI/OCI, provide transcripts of class 11 and 12 both)
- Passport size photograph as specified below -
- Width: 100 px to 200 px
- Height: 120 px to 230 px
- Dimension: 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of File: 20 to 50 KB
For more click here.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply
Step 1: Click here to apply.
Step 2: Click on the "Register" tab for new registration.
Step 3: Fill the details.
Step 4: Tick to agree with the "Terms and conditions" and click on the "Register" button.
Step 5: An email having login credentials will be sent to the registered email id.
Step 6: Login to fill the form.
Application deadline: 30 November 2019
The selection of the candidates will be exclusively based on their academic merit.
Terms and Conditions
- If the student is unable to pass in all the subject, he/she would not be able to receive any scholarship amount further.
- If the student is selected for the scholarship, he/she has to provide the fee receipts for the sanction of the scholarship on the basis of which they will receive an offer letter.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more