Dr. Reddy's Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 23-05-2022 Posted By : Salma
Dr. Reddy's Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2022 is an initiative of Dr. Reddy's Foundation to encourage young women across India to pursue a career in science. The scholarship is a one-of-its-kind initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies. The scholarships are limited to students securing admissions in the 12 specified science colleges. The selected fellows will receive a scholarship worth INR 2.4 lakhs (INR 80,000 per annum) for 3 years of study.
Dr. Reddy's Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2022
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an Indian national
- Be a girl student
- Have a good record of academic excellence
- Have opted for a B.Sc. program in Pure/Natural Science
Note: Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds, and interest in scientific research.
The selected fellows will receive a scholarship worth INR 2.4 lakhs (INR 80,000 per year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
The scholars are guided through the crucial stages of their education, apart from having a role model for a career in science with the help of a leading women scientist as a mentor.
The following documents shall be required to be uploaded during the application process:
- Class 10th certificate (mandatory)
- Class 10th marksheet (optional)
- Class 10+2 marksheet (mandatory)
- Class 10+2 certificate (optional)
- Income certificate (mandatory for household income less than INR 5 lakhs)
- Disability certificate (mandatory for PwD candidates)
How can you apply?
The eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship using the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to the 'Apply Now' and click to access the online application form.
Step 3: Fill in the required details, upload the documents and submit.
Note - The applicant needs to have a confirmed admission offer in any one of the listed colleges. Admission slips will need to be submitted to avail of the scholarship.
Application Starting Date - 1st May 2022
Application Deadline - 31st August 2022
The applicants will be selected based on merit in Class 12 and overall academic record.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be given only to students who have confirmed admissions to any of the colleges listed below -
- Bangalore - Christ University, Mount Carmel College, St Joseph's College, The Oxford College of Science
- Chennai - Madras Christian College, Stella Maris College, Women's Christian College
- Delhi - Miranda House, Hindu College, St. Stephen's College, Kirori Mal College, Hansraj College, ARSD, Gargi College
- Hyderabad - St. Francis Degree College for Women, St. Ann's College for Women
- Kolkata - Vivekananda College, Madhyamgram
- Mumbai - Mithibai College, St Xavier's College, Sophia College for Women
- The final disbursement of the Scholarship amount to the applicant shall be made on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant.
- DRF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to reject or disqualify any application.
- DRF reserves the right, to use the photograph/profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use, disclosures, and communication purposes with DRF’s stakeholders.
- The students who receive the scholarship must be regular in attendance and pass all performance parameters as decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University.
- DRF reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status.
- This is a beneficiary scheme of DRF and is not a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Konapuram Sailu on 13-Aug-2020
Dimple Thapa on 14-Aug-2020
After submitting, you can check your application status by clicking on applied scholarships.
Asked by Asmat fatema Palsaniya on 13-Aug-2020
Dimple Thapa on 13-Aug-2020
yes, only those students can apply whose institute is given in the applicable institutes.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more