Research Fellowships under MRFP Research Fellow Program 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is offering research fellowships under MRFP Research Fellow Program 2020 for M.Tech./M.Sc./M.S. degree holders and also GATE/NET/LS qualified candidates. The fellowship will be tenured for 4 years. The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) Research Fellow Program (MRFP) will be coordinated by Development of Skilled Manpower in Earth System Sciences (DESK-ESSC), at IITM Pune. The selected candidates will receive a stipend of INR 31,000 per month along with HRA.
Research Fellowships under MRFP Research Fellow Program 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an MSc/MS/MTech degree holder or have appeared in the final year of MSc/MS/MTech programme
- Have qualified NET/GATE/LS (CSIR/IGC/ICAR)
- Be below 28 years of age by the time of application
- Have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (for general and OBC candidates)
- Have obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (for SC/ST candidates)
Note: To get detailed eligibility, click here.
A total of 36 candidates will be selected for this fellowship. The selected candidates will receive the following:
- A monthly stipend of INR 31,000
- Admissible HRA
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply for MRPF research fellow:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and fill the form.
Step 2: Fill every relevant information.
Step 3: Upload resume (in pdf form) and a photograph (100 kb size).
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application deadline: 31st July 2020
Eligible fellows will be selected through nation-wide selection processes and subsequent interviews. Selection will be against each of the advertised positions as specified.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates who would like to avail a fellowship from CSIR/UGC/ICAR and work as JRF in MRFP are also encouraged to apply. Such candidates need to specify in the online application form about their preference of fellowship (whether availing MRFP Research Fellowship or CSIR/ UGC/ ICAR fellowship).
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped.
- Candidates should apply against respective position code.
- Applicants are allowed to apply for more than one position.
- In any circumstances, wrong entry of position code will not be rectified after the application is submitted.
- In case rectification is required, a fresh application may be filed within the last date of application.
- Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more