R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
R D Sethna Scholarship Fund invites applications for R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2020 from students who have cleared class 12 and wish to pursue technical, scientific, industrial or commercial studies within India or abroad. The aim of this scholarship is to provide assistance to the deserving candidates of all the communities so that they can pursue their academic dreams. A loan scholarship of INR 10,000 or more will be given to the selected candidates on the condition that they repay the amount with interest in terms of the agreement.
R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2020
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have cleared Secondary School Certificate examination or any equivalent examination
- Have scored at least 50% marks in the last examination
- Be a citizen of India
A loan scholarship of INR 10,000 or more will be granted to the recipients to complete their studies in India or overseas.
- Copies of mark sheets, class 10 onward
- Letters of recommendations from two permanent residents of Mumbai.
- Copy of admission letter to a college or institution where the candidate intends to study.
- Salary slip or income tax assessment copy of the parents and the proposed guarantor.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant duly certified by a Gazetted Officer or an SEM or a head of any recognized University/ institution where the applicant has studied or is studying.
- Proof of recognition granted by the Government of India to the institute/ college where the applicant intends to pursue his studies.
Note: Applicants are required to send either a postal order or a demand draft of INR 50 in the favor of ‘R D Sethna Scholarship Fund’ along with a self-addressed envelope of 23cm X 10 cm size and a stamp of INR 10 (to receive the application form)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Request for an application form from the trust office by post.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with required details.
Step 3: Attach all the supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application deadline for overseas studies: 31st May 2020
Application deadline for studies within India: 31st August 2020
Applicants will be selected based on the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- Loan scholarships will be granted in instalments as the trustees may think fit.
- All the documents submitted by the applicant must be certified by a Gazetted Officer or an SEM or a head of any recognized University/ institution where the applicant has studied or is studying.
- Recipients have to avail the loan scholarship within six weeks from the date when they are granted and if the recipient or his guarantor fails to submit the documents within four weeks, the grant will be cancelled.
- Applicants must take a Life Endowment policy (preferable from the LIC of India) for a sum equivalent or in excess of the loan scholarship on his life for a period of not more than 20 years (if the applicants have any existing policy covering the loan amount, they can assign the same to the trustees).
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Vikas Karbail on 11-Aug-2020
Dimple Thapa on 12-Aug-2020
We are providing scholarships to needy students to pursue their higher studies.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more