Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 08-12-2023 Posted By : Smriti Verma
Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is an initiative of the Haryana State Council for Science and Technology, Government of Haryana, to encourage meritorious students pursuing B.Sc./B.S./ B. Stat./B. Math/Integrated M.Sc./M.S. in basic and natural science subjects towards science education. The scheme aims to provide financial support for the continuation of science education up to a higher level. Selected students will receive a scholarship of up to ₹6,000 per month and a one-time mentorship grant of up to ₹22,000.
Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- have a domicile in Haryana
- have passed Class 10 and 12 board examinations from a school situated in Haryana
- have scored a minimum of 80% marks for Haryana Board School and 85% marks for other boards like CBSE/ICSE etc. in Class 12
- have taken admission in the first year during the year 2023 in basic and natural science subjects in B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math/Integrated M.Sc./M.S. in any of the following subjects:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
- Marine Biology
- not be availing of any other scholarships or grants during the course of this scholarship
- Students passing X or XII board examinations from a school outside Haryana are also eligible. However, they must produce a Haryana residence certificate.
- This criteria does not apply to students admitted to reputed National Institutes i.e. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy – Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in a basic and natural science course.
The selected students will receive awards as follows:
- B.Sc./B.S./ B.Stat./B.Math/Integrated M.Sc./M.S. degree (1st to 3rd year): ₹4,000 per month
- B.S./B.Stat/B.Math/M.Sc./M.S./M.Math./M.Stat. degree (4th to 5th year): ₹6,000 per month
In addition, selected students will receive a mentorship grant (one-time) of ₹12,000 in a three-year B.Sc. program, ₹17,000/- in a four-year B.S. program, and ₹22,000 in a five-year integrated M.Sc. program
Note:- Scholarship is disbursed over twelve months, starting from the admission month, in two half-yearly installments based on semester performance.
- Domicile certificate
- Signature of the applicant
- Self-attested copy of Aadhaar card
- Photograph of the applicant
- Certificate/marksheet of Class 10
- Certificate/marksheet of Class 12
- Enrollment certificate from the head/principal/director/registrar of the college/university/institute (as per Annexure-I)
- Declaration of not availing of any other scholarship (as per Annexure – II)
- Rural area school certificate of Class 11 and 12, if claiming for 2% additional weightage (as per annexure-III & IV) duly signed by the school principal, from where Class 11 and 12 cleared, sarpanch of the village panchayat and concerned BDPO (if applicable)
For reimbursement of the mentorship grant following documents should be submitted to the Haryana State Council for Science Innovation & Technology (HSCSIT) after completion of the project work:
- A letter issued by the professor/research supervisor/head of the institution where the scholar is enrolled for the project indicating the duration of the project i.e. date of commencement and date of completion.
- A report outlining the objectives and results of his/her research work/project.
- Brief details of the expenditure i.e. travel, accommodation, equipment, consumables, etc. duly countersigned by the head/principal/director/registrar of the concerned college/university/institute.
- Details of the funds received from any other department/institute for the said research work/project.
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to 'Student Registration' at the top of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 4: Enter the Parivar Pehchaan Patra (Family ID), a list of members will be displayed, select the name of the applicant, and click on the 'Generate OTP' button.
Step 5: Enter the OTP received on the registered Mobile No. and Click on the 'Verify OTP' button.
Step 6: After OTP Verification, all the details get auto-filled in the Registration Form, and cross-check the information.
Step 7: Select the Department and College, create a password and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: Click the login link at the portal and enter valid credentials to apply for the scholarship.
Step 9: Provide all necessary details like course, roll no., eligibility etc.
Step 10: Click on the 'Apply' button to save and submit the application.
Application Deadline: 29th December 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the merit list based on the following criteria:
- First priority: Students admitted to reputed National Institutes (IIT, ISI, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS, IISc) in basic and natural science courses.
- Remaining scholarships: Merit-based selection using the average percentage score in Class 12 board exams in English/Hindi and best of three out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. (Note:- If the number of students in (1) exceeds the available scholarships, (2) will be applied within that category)
- Additional weightage:
- 2% weightage for students who studied Class 11 and 12 in rural area schools.
- The final average percentage will include the additional weightage for rural area schools.
- No additional weightage for students from rural area elite schools (tuition fees exceeding R₹1,00,000 per year).
Note:- A total of 250 scholarships will be awarded up to the post-graduate level. In case of a tie, following criteria will be applied:
- Preference to girl students.
- Preference to the language score better (English/Hindi) in the Class 12 board.
- Students younger in age will be preferred.
Terms and Conditions
- Students should submit self-attested semester mark sheets through their institutions within one month of the announcement of results. Provisional or internet copies will not be considered.
- Scholarships are awarded based on semester examination performance. Students must maintain at least 60% marks in each semester for continuation. If SGPA/SPI is awarded, conversion is done per university-approved formula. If unavailable, the percentage is derived by scaling down the SGPA/SPI by 10%. Institutes/universities awarding SGPA/SPI should provide their approved conversion formula.
- Candidates with compartment/re-appear in a semester won't receive further installments. Re-admission within the same academic year is acceptable, provided subjects align with the identified 22 subjects.
- To avail the mentorship grant, scholars must undertake project work under a Professor/Research Supervisor (Mentor) within or outside their parent institution, preferably in recognized universities, institutes, or research laboratories, either in India or abroad.
- Haryana State Council for Science Innovation & Technology (HSCSIT) reserves the right to adjust scholarship numbers or make changes. The decision of the Secretary, Executive Committee HSCSIT, is final in case of disputes.
For detailed information, kindly refer to the 'Scheme Guidelines.'
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more