Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 27-11-2023 Posted By : Smriti Verma
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is an initiative of Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, Government of India for the dependent wards of ex-servicemen/ex-coast guard personnel and their widows who have taken admission in 1st-year of a UG course. This scholarship scheme aims to promote higher technical and professional education. The selected students will receive up to ₹3,000 per month.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be dependent ward/widow of ex-servicemen and ex-coast guard personnel
- have taken admission in 1st-year of a UG course (except lateral entry & integrated course)
- have scored 60% marks and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ)* i.e. Class 12/diploma/graduation
*Note: The Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) for entry to various professional courses differs. A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in MEQ to apply for the PM Scholarship Scheme. All subjects will be taken for calculation of 60% marks including optional subjects and not out of best subjects.
The following students are ineligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Wards of civilians including para-military personnel are not eligible.
- Students studying in 2nd or subsequent years (except for integrated courses 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as professional courses).
Each year, 5,500 wards and widows of ex-servicemen are awarded scholarships to pursue higher education.
Male students will receive a monthly scholarship of ₹2,500, while female students will receive ₹3,000. The scholarship amount is paid out annually.
The scholarship will be paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
- Aadhaar card of student
- Matriculation certificate for verifying the date of birth
- Ex-servicemen/Ex-coast guard certificate duly filled up and signed by ZSB/Coast Guard HQ as per Annexure-1
- Bonafide certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Vice Chancellor/Principal/Vice Principal/Dean/Associate Dean/Registrar/Dy Registrar/Director/Dy Director of the Institute/College as per Annexure-2
- Certificate from students' bank stating that the Aadhaar card of the student is linked with their bank account number as per Annexure-3
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable including Class 12 marksheet/graduation (all 3 years)/diploma
- First-page of the bank passbook (preferably PNB/SBI only) clearly showing name and account number of student and IFS code of the bank
- PPO/ESM identity card for Category 6 and the following supporting documents in case of Category 1 to 5:
- Category 1: Part II order in case of army; general form in case of Navy; POR in case of Air Force
- Category 5: Award certificate along with gazette notification
- Category 6: Original PPO or ESM identity card (to be scanned and uploaded)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID)
Step 3: Fill in the required details and click on submit button to 'Register'.
Step 5: An automatically generated link will be sent to the registered email.
Step 6: Log in using the credentials used during registration.
Step 7: Click on the 'PMSS' tab and then select 'New Application'.
Step 8: Read the instructions and then click on 'Apply Online'.
Step 9: Fill in the remaining details, upload the scanned copy of all the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
The order of preference for the selection of candidates will be as under:
Category 1: Wards & Widows of ESM/Ex-coast guard personnel killed in action
Category 2: Wards of ESM/Ex-coast guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to military/coast guard service
Category 3: Wards & Widows of ESM/Ex-coast guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to military/coast guard service
Category 4: Wards of ESM/Ex-coast guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to military/coast guard service
Category 5: Wards & Widows of ESM/ex coast guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards
Category 6: Wards/widows of ESM/ex coast guard personnel (PBOR Only)
To be eligible for the PM scholarship for dual degree integrated courses, students must complete their first two years of non-professional courses without failing, repeating, or taking a break (RA).
If a student fails to clear all subjects in the first two years on the first attempt or within the stipulated time frame, they will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- Only two wards of an ESM are eligible to apply for PMSS.
- This scholarship is allowed for one course only.
- Hard copy/paper applications will not be entertained.
- Students must update their renewal application after receiving their scholarship amount from KSB. This is an essential step to continue receiving PMSS benefits. Failure to update the application may result in scholarship cancellation and repayment of the funds already provided.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more