Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 24-03-2022 Posted By : Salma
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 is an initiative by Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, Government of India for the dependent wards of ex-servicemen/ex-coast guard personnel and their widows. This scholarship scheme aims to promote higher technical and professional education. The selected students will receive variable awards.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be studying in India
- Hold a 10+2/Diploma/Graduation degree
- Have taken admission in the first year (except lateral entry and integrated courses) of professional degree course
- Have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying examination
- Be students who are dependent wards /widows of Ex-Servicemen & Ex-Coast Guard personnel
The scholarship will be distributed in the following way -
- A total of 5,500 scholarships will be provided to the wards/widows of ex-servicemen which will be divided equally among the boys and girls.
- The scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls i.e. 2,750 each.
- The scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
- The scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students.
Amount of Scholarship -
- The scholarship amount is INR 2,500 per month for boys.
- The scholarship amount is INR 3,000 per month for girls.
- Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate signed by ZSB/Coast Guard HQ as per Annexure-1 (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
- Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Vice-Chancellor/Principal/ Vice-Principal/Dean/Associate Dean/Registrar/Dy Registrar/Director/Dy Director of the Institute/ College as per Annexure-2 (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
- Certificate from the bank stating that the Aadhaar Card of the student is linked with his/her bank account number as per Annexure-3 (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
- Matriculation Certificate for verifying the Date of Birth (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable (10+2 Marksheet/Graduation (marksheets of 3 years/all semesters)/Diploma (mark sheets of all semesters). (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
- First page of the Bank Pass Book (preferably PNB/SBI only) clearly showing the name of the student and account number or cancelled cheque leaf showing the name of student and account number (Original to be scanned and uploaded)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the required details and Register.
Step 3: An automatically generated link will be sent to the registered email.
Step 4: Log in using the credentials used during registration.
Step 5: Click on the 'PMSS' tab and then select 'New Application'.
Step 7: Read instructions and then click on 'Apply Online'.
Step 8: Fill in the remaining details and upload the scanned copy of all the necessary documents.
Step 9: Submit the application.
Application Deadline - 31st March 2022
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- Only two wards of an ESM are eligible to apply for PMSS.
- No PMSS is allowed for one course only.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'FAQ's detailed document'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more