Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for ST Students, Tripura 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 13-01-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for ST Students, Tripura 2022-23 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India for students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary level at a recognized institution in Tripura. The scholarship aims to support the study of needy students belonging to scheduled tribes. The selected students will receive maintenance allowance and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for ST Students, Tripura 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a domicile of Tripura
- belong to the ST category
- be studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary level at a recognized institution of Tripura
- have a family income of not more than INR 2 lakh per annum
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits -
Group Courses Hosteller (In INR per month) Day Scholars (In INR per month) Group 1
a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
1,200 550 Group 2
a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
820 530 Group 3 All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.) 570 300 Group 4 All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc. 380 200
Note - Scholars who are entitled to free board and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for Hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities -
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students -
Level of Courses Allowance per month (In INR) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
2) Provision of transport allowance up to INR160 per month for disabled students, if such student does not reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution.
3) Escort Allowance of INR 160 per month for severally handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability
4) Special Pay of INR 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper
5) Allowance of INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students.
6) Study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
7) Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
8) The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
- One copy of the passport-size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship)
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examinations passed
- A certificate (in original) of Caste duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on nonjudicial stamp paper
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution concerned, if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2023
All the applicants meeting the eligibility criteria will be considered for this scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates studying in the same stage of education in a different subject after passing that stage with another subject e.g. I.A. after I.Sc. or B.A. after B.Sc. or M.A. in another subject will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipients of this scholarship cannot hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed anytime at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an ST certificate of another State/UT can avail the scholarship in the State/UT from which the ST certificate was issued.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
Note - For more information, kindly refer to 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more