Post Matric Scholarship to SBC Students, Maharashtra 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-11-2023 Posted By : Smriti Verma
Post Matric Scholarship to SBC Students, Maharashtra 2023-24 is an initiative of the VJNT, OBC, and SBC Welfare Department, Government of Maharashtra, to financially help the SBC category students who have completed Class 10 and are pursuing post-matric education. The scholarship aims to promote higher education and facilitate the integration of students into the mainstream educational system. The selected students will receive a monthly maintenance allowance of up to ₹425 and other benefits.
Source: Aaple Sarkar DBT Portal
Post Matric Scholarship to SBC Students, Maharashtra 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a resident of Maharashtra
- belong to the Special Backward Classes (SBC) category
- be pursuing the education course at the post-matric level approved by the government
- have obtained admission through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) round (for students pursuing professional courses)
- have 75% attendance for the current year
- have an annual family income less than/ equal to ₹1,50,000
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship as follows:
Course Group Hostellers (in ₹, per month for 10 months) Day Scholars (in ₹, per month for 10 months) A 425 190 B 290 190 C 290 190 D 230 120 E 150 90
Note: The maintenance allowance will be given to the selected students from admission to exam completion date.
100% tuition fees, exam fees and maintenance allowance will be given to candidates who are studying in government/aided/non-aided institutions in professional courses and non-professional courses.
100% benefit coverage including tuition fees, exam fees, and maintenance allowance) for students pursuing B.Ed and D.Ed courses.
Note: If the applicant takes an admission on or before the 20th of any month, a maintenance allowance will be issued for that current month. Otherwise, maintenance allowance will be entitled from next month.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate/Income Declaration
- Caste validity certificate (Mandatory for professional degree courses and professional postgraduate courses)
- Declaration certificate of parents/guardian about the number of beneficiary children
- HSC or SSC marksheet or last examination marksheet
- Leaving certificate
- Ration card
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
Death certificate of the father/guardian (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Click on the 'New Applicant Registration' button at the right-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 4: Fill in all required details, verify the email and the phone number.
Step 5: Complete the Aadhaar authentication process either through OTP or biometrics.
Step 6: After completing the authentication process, fill in all the required details to 'Register'.
Step 7: Now, click on the 'Applicant login' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 8: Log in using the username and password.
Step 9: Fill in the necessary details, upload the specified documents, and submit.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- If an applicant gets admission to a government hostel, they will be eligible only for 1/3rd of the amount reserved for hostellers.
- Students cannot avail benefits under this scholarship if they are already receiving any other scholarship or stipend.
- The applicants are required to pass the previous examination to ensure the scholarship renewal.
- Only 2 children of the same family are eligible to apply in the case of the boys, while any number of girls of the same family can apply.
- An applicant will be eligible for the scholarship if they switch from a non-professional course to a professional one. However, they will not be eligible if they transition from a professional course to a non-professional one.
- Applicants studying in a particular professional/non-professional course, and availing benefits, cannot change their existing professional/non-professional course in between academic years for further eligibility.
- Scholarships/freeship will continue until the applicant completes one course. For instance, if an applicant completes B.A. and B.Ed., they will not be eligible for scholarship/freeship for M.A. But if they pursue an M.B.A. after B.Ed., they can be eligible for scholarship/freeship as it is a professional postgraduate course.
- If an applicant pursuing a Group A course fails in the examination for the first time, the award may be renewed. However, for the second and subsequent failures in any class, the applicant shall bear their own expenses until they secure promotion to the next higher class.
- The applicant must secure a promotion to a higher class. For the second and subsequent failures in any class, the applicant shall bear their own expenses until they secure promotion to the next higher class.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more