Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 03-01-2023 Posted By : Salma
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2022 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of Jammu, and Kashmir to provide financial assistance to students studying from Class 11 to postdoctoral level. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the ST category students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stages to enable them to complete their education. The selected candidates will receive a maintenance allowance and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2022
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must-
- be a citizen of Jammu and Kashmir
- belong to Scheduled Tribes category
- be a student of Class 11 to postdoctoral level
- have an annual income of less than INR 2 lakh per annum from all sources
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits -
Group Courses Hosteller (In INR per month) Day Scholars (In INR per month) Group 1
a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
1,200 550 Group 2
a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
820 530 Group 3 All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.) 570 300 Group 4 All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc. 380 230
Note - Scholars who are entitled to free board and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for Hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities -
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students -
Level of Courses Allowance per month (In INR) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
2) Escort Allowance of INR 160 per month for severally handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability.
3) Special pay of INR 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to severely orthopedically handicapped students residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
4) Provision of transport allowance up to INR 160 per month for disabled students, if such students reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution. The disability as per the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995 is defined as blindness, low-vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, mental retardation and mental illness.
5) Allowance of INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded students.
6) Study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
7) Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Provisions (3) and (4) will also apply to leprosy-cured students.
- The disabled students belonging to Scheduled Caste Tribe covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under this scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
Book Allowance for students pursuing Correspondence/Distance education course -
The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
- A passport-size photograph
- Scheduled Tribe certificate duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer
- Income declaration, a certificate from the parents/guardians
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 15th January 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The students studying in a different state will be awarded a scholarship by the particular state he/she belongs to.
- The award once made will be tenable until the completion of the course. But, the scholarship will be renewed every year.
- If a student fails in the exam for the first time, the award may be renewed, but if he/she fails subsequently for the second, third time, they will be exempted from the scholarship, till he/she secures promotion for the next class.
- The students who pursue their studies through correspondence or distance learning are also eligible for the scholarship.
- Employed students who take leave without pay for the entire duration of the course and study as full-time students are also eligible.
- The students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more