Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of Jammu and Kashmir invites applications for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2021-22 from students of Class 11 to postdoctoral level. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the ST category students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stages to enable them to complete their education.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2021-22 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must-
- Be a citizen of Jammu and Kashmir
- Belong to Scheduled Tribes category
- Be a student of Class 11 to postdoctoral level
- Belong to a family whose income does not exceed INR 2.00 lakh per annum from all sources
- Maintenance allowance as specified hereunder -
Course of Study
Rate of maintenance allowance (Hostellers)
Rate of maintenance allowance (Day Scholars)
- Degree and Post Graduate level courses (including M.Phil, Ph.D., Post Doctoral research in Medicine), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Science, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/Applications
- Commercial Pilot License
- Post Graduate Diploma course in various branches of Management and Medicine.
- CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA, etc
Graduate, Post Graduate course (Degree, Diploma), B.Pharma, BNursing, LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches, Mass comm, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services, MPharma, MEd
All the courses which are not covered in group 1 and 2 (BA/BSc/BCom, etc)
Class 11, 12, general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
- An additional allowance of up to INR 240 per month to ST students with disabilities
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Study tour charges of up to INR 1,600 per annum
- Thesis typing/printing charges of up to INR 1,600 per annum
- Annual allowance of INR 1,200 to students pursuing correspondence courses through distance and continuing education.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Attested copy of certificates, diplomas, degree, etc. of all examinations passed
- Caste certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer
- Income declaration certificate of the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Application deadline: 05th March 2021
Defective Verification: 07th March 2021
Institute Verification: 07th March 2021
All eligible ST students will be given the scholarship subject to the application of means test prescribed in the regulation.
Terms and Conditions
- The students studying in a different state will be awarded a scholarship by the particular state he/she belongs to.
- The award once made will be tenable until the completion of the course. But, the scholarship will be renewed every year.
- If a student fails in the exam for the first time, the award may be renewed, but if he/she fails subsequently for the second, third time, they will be exempted for the scholarship, till he/she secures promotion for the next class.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence or distance learning are also eligible for the scholarship.
- Employed students who take leave without pay for the entire duration of the course and study as full-time students are also eligible.
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more