Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 27-12-2023 Posted By : Smriti Verma
Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur 2023-24 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, and implemented by the Government of Manipur. The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to ST students of the state to continue post-matriculation or post-secondary level studies. The selected candidates will receive a maintenance allowance of up to 1,200 and other benefits.
Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:-
- be a citizen of India
- be a domicile of Manipur
- belong to the Scheduled Tribes (ST) category
- have cleared the matriculation/higher secondary/any higher examination from a recognised University or Board of Secondary Education
- be studying at the post-matriculation level (Class 11 and above) in a recognised institution
- have an annual parent(s)/guardian income not more than ₹2,50,000 from all sources
- Students pursuing their education through correspondence courses are also eligible.
- Students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine will be eligible only if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
The following students are ineligible for the scholarship scheme:-
- Candidates who, after completing one level of education, choose to pursue studies at the same level but in a different subject. For instance, a student pursuing an I.Sc. after completing an I.A., or pursuing a B.Com. after obtaining a B.A. or M.A.
- Students who have already completed their education in one professional field and wish to pursue studies in another profession, like pursuing an LLB after completing a B.T. or B.Ed.
- Students who have already received coaching in any pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the government.
- Students in Class 11 and 12 students are ineligible for this scholarship unless they have completed their Class 10 exams and are now pursuing a different course.
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits:-
Group Courses Hosteller (in ₹ per month) Day Scholars (in ₹ per month) Group 1
a) Degree and postgraduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course
c) Postgraduate diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.
e) M. Phil., Ph.D., and Postdoctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc., etc.):
- In existing Group 2 courses
- In existing Group 3 courses
f) L.L.M. degree
1,200 550 Group 2
a) Graduate/postgraduate courses leading to degree, diploma, or certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B.Pharma.), Nursing (B.Nursing), L.L.B., B.F.S., other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation, etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary (Class 12)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group 1 (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
820 530 Group 3 All other courses leading to a graduate degree, that are not covered under Groups 1 & 2 (e.g. B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., etc.) 570 300 Group 4 All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is high school (Class 10), e.g. senior secondary certificate (Class 11 and 12); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in polytechnics, etc. 380 230
- Maintenance allowance is paid from either April 1st or the month of admission (whichever is later) until the completion of exams at the end of the academic year, including holidays. If admission occurs after the 20th day of a month, payment starts the following month after admission.
- M.Phil and Ph.D. courses are post-graduation courses. Scholarships to such students may be paid at the rates of maintenance allowance for Group 1 or Group 2 depending on the course under these groups.
- Students who receive free board and/or lodging as part of their scholarship will receive a maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for Hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students:-
Level of Courses Allowance per month (In ₹) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
2) Transport Allowance up to ₹160 per month for disabled students, if such student does not reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution.
3) Escort allowance of ₹160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability.
4) Special pay of ₹160 per month is admissible to any hostel employee willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
5) Allowance of ₹240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students.
The provision in (2) to (4) will also apply to leprosy-cured students.
- Disabled students belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST), covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under this scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
The selected students will be paid enrollment/registration, tuition games, union, library, magazine, medical examination, and such other fees compulsorily excluding refundable deposits like caution money, and security deposit payable by the student to the institution or university/board.
Study tour charges up to a maximum of ₹1,600 per annum will be paid to the students studying professional and technical courses, provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar's completion of their course of study.
Thesis Typing/Printing Charges:
Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of ₹1,600 will be paid to research students on the recommendation of the Head of the institution.
Book Allowance for Students Pursuing Correspondence/Distance Education Courses:
The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of ₹1,200 for essential prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
Note:- For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
- A passport-size photograph of the student with the student's signature
- Self-attested copy of academic certificates/diploma/marksheets
- Caste certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer (RO), not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Annual family income certificate (Note:- If self-employed, an income declaration affirming definite income from all sources through an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper)
- Receipt acknowledging the scholarship in the previous year (for renewal, if applicable)
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on the 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox, and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Note:- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 30th January 2024
The selected candidates will be selected based on the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- All children of the same parent(s)/guardian(s) will be entitled to receive the benefits of the scheme.
- Candidates belonging to one state but studying in other states will be awarded scholarships by the state to which they belong.
- The scholarship will not be provided during the MBBS internship or practical training in other courses if the student receives remuneration or allowance/stipend during this period.
- Completed application form should be submitted to the Head of the Institution currently or last attended by the applicants. It should be addressed to the officer designated by the government of the States/UTs as per the instructions outlined.
Continuation and Renewal of Scholarship:
- The scholarship can be renewed annually.
- The continuation of the scholarship depends upon good conduct and regular attendance.
- Renewal of the scholarship is subject to the scholar's promotion to the next higher class within a continuous course, regardless of whether the examinations are conducted by a university or the institution.
- If a scholar pursuing any course from Group 1 fails the examination for the first time, the award may be renewed. However, for the second and subsequent failures in any class, the student shall bear their expenses until they secure promotion to the next higher class.
- Students who miss the annual examinations due to illness or unforeseen circumstances can still get their scholarships renewed for the next year. They will be required to show the Head of their institution a medical certificate or other proof explaining their absence.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Scholarship Detail Document'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Is it allow fresh registration instead of renewal for students awarded scholarship previous year? Can a student apply for renewal if he/she fail in last academic exam?
Asked by Jiten Luwang on 15-Nov-2020
Dimple Thapa on 17-Nov-2020
Awarded students have to upload the documents for renewal in the awarded section.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more