Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Tripura 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 08-08-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Tripura 2022-23 is an initiative for SC students who have passed Class 10. The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at the post-matriculation or post-secondary level. The selected students will receive a maintenance allowance of INR 1,200 per month and several other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Tripura 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian national
- be a domicile of Tripura
- belong to Scheduled Caste category
- be pursuing studies at post-matriculation level (Class 11 and above) from recognized institute/colleges
- have an annual family income not exceeding INR 2.5 lakh
The selected students will receive the following awards -
Group Courses Hostellers (In INR for 10 months) Day Scholars (In INR for 10 months) Group 1
1) Degree and Postgraduate level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion, Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Sciences and Applications.
2) Postgraduation Diploma courses in various branches of Management and Medicine
3)C.A/I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.(Applicable at Day Scholar rate only INR 550 per month)
4)M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post-doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc. etc.), Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 courses
5)L.L.B, Integrated L.L.B and L.L.M.
1,200 550 Group 2 Professional courses leading to degree, diploma, and certificate in Pharmacy (B. Pharma), Nursing (B.Nursing), BFS, and other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc, Mass Communication, Hotel Management and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Commerical Arts, Finance for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary and vocational stream, ITI courses, and polytechnic where entrance qualification is Class 12 or above. 820 530 Group 3 Graduate and Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group 1 and 2 [e.g. B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. etc, M.A./M.Sc./M.Ed./M.Pharma etc.] 570 300 Group 4 All Post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class 10) 380 230
Additional Allowances for SC students with disabilities -
a) Reader Allowance -
Level of Courses Reader Allowance (INR per month) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
b) Transport allowance of INR 160 per month for disabled students, if such students don't;t reside in the hostel
c) Escort allowance of INR 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability
d) Special Pay of INR 160 per month
e) INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students
Study Tour - The study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 16,000, limited to the actual expenditure incurred will be paid to the student studying professional and technical courses.
Thesis typing/Printing charges - Thesis typing/Printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Book Allowance for Students pursuing Correspondence/Distance Education Courses - The students pursuing such courses are eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential/prescribed books besides reimbursement of course fees.
- The students belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under the scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Government/UT administration.
- Passport size photograph
- Attested copy of certificate/degree/diploma for all the examinations passed
- A caste certificate duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians issued by the Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th November 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
All the eligible Scheduled Caste students will be selected based on the means test prescribed in this scheme.
Terms and Conditions
- A scholarship may be cancelled if the recipient changes the course program or institution for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed anytime at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an SC certificate of another State/UT can avail the scholarship in the State/UT from which the SC certificate was issued.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education but in different subjects are not eligible.
Note - For more information, kindly refer to 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more