Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 20-12-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2022-23 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India to support the education of SC students of Class 11 and above. The key objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to SC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary states to enable them to complete their education. The selected candidates will receive academic allowances and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2022-23
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must -
- be a domicile of Sikkim
- belong to Scheduled Caste (SC) category
- be studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary level i.e. Class 11 to Ph.D. level
- have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination from a recognised University or Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh per annum
The scholarship includes the following components for the complete duration of the course -
- Compulsory non-refundable fees including tuition fees as fixed by the fees/fixation rationalization committee of the State Government
- Academic Allowance -
Category courses Hostellers (yearly in INR) Day Scholars (yearly in INR) Group 1- Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses 13,500 7,000
Group 2 - Other professional courses leading to Degree/Diploma/Certificate
9,500 6,500 Group 3 - Graduate and postgraduate courses not covered under groups 1 and 2 6,000 3,000 Group 4 - All post-matriculation (Post lass 10 level) non-degree courses 4,000 2,500
- Ten per cent extra allowances will be provided for Divyang students.
- Students pursuing CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA will be treated as day scholars for the purpose of academic allowance.
- Students studying through correspondence/online courses shall not be eligible for academic allowances.
- Domicile certificate
- A passport-size photograph
- Scheduled Caste certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer
- Income declaration, a certificate from the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 31st December 2022
Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th January 2023
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th January 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- No scholarship will be awarded to the students who didn't get promoted to the next class/level.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- The tenure of the award is for two/three years depending upon the period of the postgraduate course and not for an extended period of study.
- The scholarship granted under the scheme will be renewed during the period of the first-year postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/Institution/College.
- A student's scholarship will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an SC certificate of another State/UT can avail the scholarship in the State/UT from which the SC certificate was issued.
Note - For more information, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines Document'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more