Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 17-01-2024 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, for SC students of the state who are pursuing studies at the post-matric level i.e. Class 11 to postgraduate level.
The scholarship aims to raise higher education participation for disadvantaged SC students by offering them financial assistance for post-matric studies. This support helps them overcome financial barriers and complete their education. The selected candidates will receive an annual academic allowance of up to ₹13,500 and other benefits.
Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023-24
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:-
- be domiciled in Sikkim
- belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC) category of the state
- be studying post-matriculation or post-secondary course in a recognised institution/college/university (as specified in the terms & conditions section below)
- have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher level examination from a recognised University or Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual parent(s)/guardian(s) income of not more than ₹2,50,000 from all sources
- The age limit ceiling for admission as a regular student in different classes will be decided by the concerned institutions.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects i.e. I.Sc. after IA or B.Com. after a B.A. or M.A. degree in one subject after an M.A. degree in other subjects are ineligible.
- Candidates, who are pursuing their studies through correspondence are eligible to apply. The term correspondence includes distant and continuous education for courses in Central/State universities only.
- In case, a student is granted two scholarships simultaneously, they may have the choice to select either of these and their preference should be formally communicated to the awarding authorities through the Head of their Institutions.
The scholarship includes the following components for the complete duration of the course -
- Compulsory non-refundable fees including tuition fees as fixed by the fee/fixation rationalisation committee of the state government
- Academic allowance:
Courses category Hostellers (annually in ₹) Day Scholars (annually in ₹) Group 1- Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses 13,500 7,000
Group 2 - Other professional courses leading to Degree/Diploma/Certificate
9,500 6,500 Group 3 - Graduate and postgraduate courses not covered under groups 1 and 2 6,000 3,000 Group 4 - All post-matriculation (Post lass 10 level) non-degree courses 4,000 2,500
- 10% extra allowances will be provided for disabled students.
- Students pursuing CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA will be treated as day scholars for the purpose of academic allowance.
- Students studying through correspondence/online courses shall not be eligible for academic allowances.
- No scholarship will be paid to the students who have accepted benefits under some other scholarship. However, students may avail free housing, grants, or other financial aid to help cover costs like books, equipment, and living expenses, under this scheme.
As per the scheme guidelines, all the students are eligible for admission to the institutions without pre-payment of tuition fees and hostel fees. To avail this benefit, a freeship card will be issued to the eligible students by the state government.
Students with freeship cards can attend school without immediate fees. The institution will later receive the fees directly from the scholarship funds.
- A passport-size photograph of the student
- One attested copy of the academic transcripts including certificates, diploma, degree, etc.
- An income certificate parent(s)/guardian(s) issued by the authority as decided by the state government
- A valid caste certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer (RO), not below the rank of Tehsildar
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on the 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Select the respective Aadhaar option, enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 29th February 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship will be given to study all post-secondary courses including intermediate, senior-secondary, diploma, long-term vocational training certificate, graduate, postgraduate degree, etc. from a recognsied institution falling in one of the below 9 categories:-
- Institution of National Importance
- Central or State University/Autonomous colleges recognised by the University Grant Commission (UGC) and universities/colleges recognsied under section 2(f) of UGC act
- Deemed universities
- All private universities recognised by state/centre
- Private professional institutions affiliated with a recognised Central/State University and covered by a fee fixation committee as mandated by the Supreme Court
- Recognised schools/colleges for Class 11 and 12
- Diploma granting institution as recognised by the State/UT Government
- Vocational Training Institutes affiliated with the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Institutions affiliated/approved by the appropriate bodies like the National Medical Commission (NMC)/All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) etc. or any other regulatory body established by the State/Central Government
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- No scholarship will be awarded to the students who didn't get promoted to the next class/level.
- Change in the course of study will not be permitted.
- The tenure of the award is for two/three years depending upon the period of the postgraduate course and not for an extended period of study.
- The students domiciled in one state/UT but holding an SC certificate of another State/UT can avail the scholarship in the State/UT from which the SC certificate was issued.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
For Renewal of the Scholarship:-
- The scholarship granted under the scheme will be renewed during the period of the first-year postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of 75% attendance. The attendance will be verified through an aadhaar-based attendance system.
- If a student fails and repeats a class, their scholarship will continue for one additional year or for the duration of the repeated class, whichever is less.
- Even if a student gets promoted but doesn't pass the previous year's exams, they can still receive the scholarship for their new class, as long as they meet the other scholarship requirements and their university/institute allows this exception.
- If a student fails to appear for the annual exam due to illness, their scholarship can still be renewed. They are just required to provide a medical certificate from the approved authority, and the institution/awarding body needs to accept it.
Note:- For more information, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more