ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 02-11-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Corporate Sports Division of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) to provide financial assistance to the upcoming young talented sportspersons who have the potential to excel in their respective sports. This scheme will help them to pursue their dream, bring acclaim & laurels to the country and inspire the younger generation for engaging in sports activities. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship ranging between INR 15,000 to 30,000 per month.
ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian citizen
- be a sportsperson of 14 to 25 years of age (Note - The minimum age of 14 years will be considered as on 1st April 2023. However, the minimum age criteria for scholarship in Chess, Gymnastics & Swimming will be 10 years)
- not availing any scholarship/stipend from any other organization during the scholarship period (Note - An undertaking in this regard shall be submitted by the applicant)
The amount of scholarship to be granted to the selected 250 meritorious sportspersons will be as under -
Category National Level (INR per month) International Level (INR per month) Sub Junior INR 15,000 INR 20,000 Junior INR 20,000 INR 25,000 Senior INR 25,000 INR 30,000
Benefits & Facilities to be given to the sportspersons -
- The sportspersons selected for a scholarship will be given chance to represent ONGC Team in PSPB/AIPSSPB and other competitions within the country. These players will be paid TA/DA and necessary expenditures for participation in the tournaments.
- The sportspersons selected for a scholarship will also be provided playing kits with the ONGC logo which they will wear during their participation in the competitions.
- The scholarship holders can avail individual health insurance cover for INR 5,00,000 for themself only.
- The individuals will also acquire requisite health insurance coverage on their own and premiums up to INR 7,000 will be reimbursed by ONGC.
- Birth certificate
- Passport or Aadhar Card or Class 10 certificate (any one)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below -
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Apply for Scholarship' button on the upper right-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 4: Fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - The applicants who are already registered can log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: After successful registration, fill in the details, upload the documents and submit.
Application Start Date - 6th March 2023
Application End Date - 27th March 2023
The proficiency of the sportsperson will be evaluated based on their participation/performance in National & International tournaments/events recognized by National/International Sports Federations/Associations.
The criteria for Badminton, Billiards & Snooker, Golf, Shooting, Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis and Para Games where ranking at the International/National level is available and the same will be considered as criteria for selection for scholarship as given below -
- The latest national & international singles rankings available on the closing date of the submission of applications will be considered for selection.
- Evaluation will be based on total points scored in both national & international rankings.
- Any tie-in points will be broken in the following sequence -
- Based on better International ranking and if required
- Based on a better National ranking
The evaluation criteria for athletics, archery, basketball, boxing, carrom, football, gymnastics, hockey, kabaddi, swimming, volleyball, wrestling & para games will be based on the score matrix.
- Evaluation will be based on performance in national & international tournaments/championships recognized by National/International Sports Federations/Associations held between 1st April 2022 and the last date of application submission.
- One single best performance/achievement in the year will be considered for evaluation as per the score matrix given in the table above.
- In case of a tie in scores of sportspersons, their next best performances will be considered, till the tie is broken.
- If the tie could not be broken by the given criteria, the opinion of an outside expert on the game/sport shall be final.
- In Athletics, the tie will be broken based on better timing/distance/height achieved by a sportsperson in the championships/meets under evaluation.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarships will be granted for the remaining period of FY 2022-23.
- The maximum age for which a scholarship can be granted is 25 years. Therefore, the applicant’s up to the age of 24 years as on 1st April 2022 can apply for the sports scholarship.
- Being merit-based sports scholarship, each sportsperson will have to apply afresh every year.
- Everything being equal (in case of a tie of scores for evaluation), preference will be given to sports persons belonging to the EWS category at all levels of representation. The applicant would be required to submit an EWS certificate of the previous financial year issued by the Competent Authority duly notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- ONGC will neither be held liable for any loss/damage/injury/disability caused to any said sports scholarship holder nor shall indemnify any of the said sports scholarship holders towards such loss/damage/injury/disability which may arise or occur while performing any such sports activity.
- ONGC reserves the right to discontinue the scholarship of any sportsperson due to false declaration/fake certificate, conduct, discipline or any other reason deemed fit by the organization.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more