Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi 2021, Telangana
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Telangana invites applications for Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi 2021, Telangana from backward class PG applicants. The key objective of the scheme is to enable the benefit of higher education in foreign universities to meritorious backward classes students and thereby providing them with an opportunity for better career prospects within the country. The selected scholars will win up to INR 20 lakh.
Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi 2021, Telangana DeadlineClosed
The following students are eligible for the scholarship:
- The annual family income of the applicants should be less than INR 5 Lakh per annum.
- The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as of 1st July of the year of advertisement.
- Qualification for Postgraduation Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation degree in Engineering/Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine & Nursing/Social Sciences/Humanities.
- This award can be won by a particular candidate once in his/her lifetime only.
- The applicant should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT.
- The applicant should have obtained admission to an accredited foreign university.
- The applicant should possess a valid passport.
The following benefits will be received by the selected scholars:
- The scholars will receive the living expenses which can also be used by the candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy by way of a grant, subject to their joining into the course in the following way:
- Installment-I: An amount of INR 10.00 Lakh shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card (Immigration Card).
- Installment-II: An amount of INR 10.00 Lakh shall be payable to the Institution/students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
- The student shall be eligible for an educational loan of INR 10.00 lakh from any Nationalized bank at prevailing rates of interest.
- The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking the Research/Teaching Assistantship, thus, earnings from Research/Teaching Assistantship.
- One way cheap ticket (Lower fare) by economy class through the shortest route shall be payable upon production of valid visa and admission particulars.
- The total visa fees shall be reimbursed to the student upon production of a valid visa and production of receipts.
- Utilization certificates shall be obtained from the student with the due endorsement of concerned university authorities for record purpose under the scheme.
- Caste certificate issued by Mee Seva
- Income certificate issued by Mee Seva
- Date of birth certificate
- Aadhar card
- E-pass ID number
- Residential/nativity certificate
- Passport copy
- Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG level
- A valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores:
- TOFEL – 60
- IELTS - 6.0
- GRE – 260
- GMAT - 500
- PTE - 50
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Copy of the latest tax assessment
- Copy of bank passbook of a nationalized bank
- A scanned photograph of the applicant
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Registration' button to start the application.
Step 3: Provide all the relevant details, attach necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application Deadline: 03rd March 2021
- The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee through the Bio-data provided by the candidates who applied online for the judging process. The committee will be constituted by the Government with the following members:
- Chairman- Special Chief Secretary/Prl. Secretary, BC Welfare
- Member- Secretary, State Council of Higher Education
- Member- Vice-Chancellor, JNTU
- Member- Commissioner, SCDD
- Member- Commissioner, Technical Education
- Convenor/ Member- Commissioner, BC Welfare
- Special Invitee- Expert in Foreign Education
Terms and Conditions
- The expenditure debitable from the Head of Account under this scheme will be indicated by the Finance Department separately.
- 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women candidates.
- The candidate should make his/her own efforts in seeking admission to an accredited University/Institution abroad.
- The selected candidate has to join the concerned University within one year of communication of selection. On the expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for an extension of time for availing of the award is permissible under the scheme.
- The candidate shall not change the course of study for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under the award from the Scheme. Also, the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of Visa should be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course in abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
- The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
- Only the following countries are eligible in the scheme
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more