KSCSTE Kerala State Young Scientist Award 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 18-09-2023 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
KSCSTE Kerala State Young Scientist Award 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) [an autonomous body under the Ministry of Science &Technology, Government of Kerala] to honour young and talented Indian scientists for their outstanding contributions in any branch of science and technology. The selected candidates will receive a cash prize of INR 50,000 and a certificate. The candidates may be considered by the council for a research grant of INR 50 lakh after due consideration of the research project with the help of an expert committee.
KSCSTE Kerala State Young Scientist Award 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be below 37 years of age as on 31st December in the notifying year
- hold a Ph.D. degree with 3 years post-doctoral experience
- posses a working experience in any R&D/academic institution in Kerala continuously for the last 3 years
The selected candidate will receive a cash prize of INR 50,000 and a certificate.
- The recipient may be considered by the council for a research grant of INR 50,00,000 after due consideration of the research project with the help of an expert committee.
- The awardee will be considered for a visit abroad to present the research work at a conference, within 3 years of the receipt of the award.
Note: The awardee has to submit the research project during the month of August of the award year.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the position using the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Downloads' section and download the application form.
Step 4: Send the filled application form to the address given below.
Kerala State Council For Science, Technology And Environment(KSCSTE). Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Application Deadline - 15th October 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the following criteria -
- The candidate recommended by the screening committee after a criteria-based screening will be invited to the presentation of their research work.
- The candidates will be informed of their selection for the award individually by email.
- The award will be distributed during the inaugural session of the Kerala Science Congress by the Chief Minister.
- The awardees have to make a presentation of the award-winning work in the Plenary Session of the Kerala Science Congress.
Terms and Conditions
- The council can decide to give the assets to the Institute for research or transfer them to a different Institute if they think it is the right thing to do after the project is finished.
- All the assets acquired from the grant will be the property of KSCSTE and should not be disposed off or encumbered or utilized for purposes other than those for which the grant had been sanctioned, without the prior approval of the Council.
- The amount of the grant shall be utilized for the purpose for which it is granted within a period of one year from the date of receipt of the amount or Council order date, whichever is convenient to the applicant, and the same should be intimated in writing to KSCSTE.
- Reallocation of funds within the total outlay and extension to the project period may be approved based on the specific recommendation of an expert committee. However, reappropriation from manpower and equipment will not be normally allowed.
- The PI should present the request for re-appropriation and extension before the committee for approval. In exceptional cases, the project may be extended to one more year without any additional financial commitment.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Guidelines'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more