Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The World Bank is providing students from India and other World Bank Member Developing Countries an opportunity to apply for Master’s and Postgraduate courses at selected universities of higher education in USA, Africa and Japan; by availing tuition fee waivers and other academic/non-academic benefits (including living expenses and VISA expenses) with this scholarship program. With these scholarships, students will get a chance to channelize their experience in national development programs to attain new skills and contribute to their countries’ social and economic development.
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019 DeadlineClosed
Students or groups of students who wish to apply for this scholarship must adhere to the following eligibility guidelines. They must:
- Be an India Citizen (or citizen of any World Bank Member Developing Country); without any dual-citizenship
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline awarded at least 3 years before the application deadline
- Have 3 years or more relevant full-time work experience in development-related work
- Be accepted for admission to the listed partner institutions for one of the listed courses
- Not be a relative of The World Bank Group employee
The complete benefits of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019 include:
- Complete tuition fee waiver for Master’s course
- Expenses for basic medical insurance obtained through the university
- Appropriate monthly allowance for course duration (variable based on host institution)
- Round Trip airfare to-and-from home country to host institution along with USD 500 allowance for each side of air-travel
Following documents are mandatory for Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019 application:-
- Degree certificate of Bachelor’s qualification (or equivalent)
- Proof of full-time work experience
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Unconditional Official Admission Acceptance Letter from University
How can you apply?
Applicants are required to follow the given procedure to apply for this scholarship:-
Step 1: Visit the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019 application link.
Step 2: Register with the email address and confirm registration.
Step 3: Start filling the application form by providing the necessary details.
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents required.
Step 5: Upload the admission acceptance letter from university (mandatory).
Step 6: Submit the application form online.
Last date of application: April 11, 2019 (9:30 P.M. Indian Standard Time)
The selections will be made on the basis of a calculated distribution of factors analyzed from the online profile and documents submitted by the applicant.
- Professional experience (30% weight)
- Professional recommendations (30% weight)
- Commitment to home country (30% weight)
- Education background (10% weight)
Terms and Conditions
- No deviations to the edibility criteria are accepted for Indian applicants; however, for international applicants, there are provisions for experience requirements.
- The scholars must commit to returning to their home countries after receiving their Master's degree.
- The scholarship does not cover VISA costs, expenses for the scholar's family, resident permit fee, cost for educational equipment and other such expenses.
- Submission of more than one application is not allowed. Candidates submitting more than one application will be disqualified.
- An applicant can have only two professional recommendations.
Find more details here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more