Inlaks Research Travel Grants 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 05-09-2022 Posted By : Salma
Inlaks Research Travel Grants 2022 is an initiative of the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation for students who have a confirmed registration for Ph.D. degree in Humanities and Social Sciences at a recognised Indian university. The grant aims at assisting these students to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to consult experts, use facilities and collect material. The selected students will receive variable awards.
Inlaks Research Travel Grants 2022
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India
- Be under 35 years of age as of 31 December in the year of application
- Be a registered Ph.D. candidate at an Indian university for at least two years but not more than three years at the time of the application
- Have a first-class degree at the bachelor’s (Honors) and master’s level
Note - The award is given only in Humanities and Social Sciences related subjects.
The grant offers financial support for a maximum period of 3 months at an institution/university/library abroad. The grant covers -
- Reasonable travel allowance reimbursable on actuals (up to USD 1000).
- Maintenance expenses (up to USD 2000 per month).
- Funds for buying materials and making copies of relevant literature reimbursable on actuals (up to USD 500).
- Health allowance/Covid allowance reimbursable on actuals (up to maximum USD 500)
- A sample of written work in about 3000-5000 words on the subject of candidate's research. It should preferably be a draft containing full annotations, documentation and details like the reading list, surveys and other work done towards the thesis.
- Evidence of positive communication with the resource person or institution abroad and an agreement of the arrangements made.
- Written evidence from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor stating:
- The candidate’s ability, focus and progress in the work done under the supervision.
- The candidates need to go abroad.
- That the funds for the visit abroad cannot be obtained from any other source.
- Two letters of references
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button below and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Fill in the required details and submit it.
Applications Opening Date - 15th July 2022
Applications Closing Date - 1st October 2022
The students will be selected for the grant through a two-stage selection procedure that includes -
- Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the written record submitted by them.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to go through a personal interview for the final selection.
Terms and Conditions
- The grant awarded to students must be utilised within nine months of the date of the award.
- The students are required to furnish evidence of major expenses like library fees, lodging, buying books, etc.
- All material (literature, copies, instruments etc.) collected by the candidates will become the property of the institution for wider use by future scholars.
- All such material should contain a statement regarding the support received from Inlaks Research Travel Grant.
- A candidate can apply for either the ‘Inlaks Research and Travel Grant’ or the ‘Inlaks-Kings India Institute Studentship’ in any given year.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Qila Rai Pithora,
New Delhi, Delhi - 110067
Email ID - firstname.lastname@example.org
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more