Inlaks Fellowship for Social Engagement 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Inlaks Fellowship for Social Engagement 2022 is an initiative from Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation for graduate students and early to mid-career professionals. The fellowship will provide confidence and security to the applicants so that they can explore alternatives and make independent choices about their lives while contributing to social change. It also aims to increase participation in public life among young people while encouraging them to challenge the status quo. The fellowship is committed to supporting equality of opportunity, social inclusion, freedom of expression, and respect for individual and constitutional rights. The selected students will receive up to INR 45,000 per month.
Inlaks Fellowship for Social Engagement 2022
To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Not have attained the age of 30 years as on 15 May 2022
- Have a bachelor’s degree (For graduate applicants)
- Have at least 3 years of relevant work experience (For early to mid-career professionals)
Note - Equal consideration will be given to candidates from urban and rural areas.
Depending on the geographical location of the fellow, the fellowship stipend will be as follows -
- INR 45,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in an “X” category area.
- INR 35,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “Y” category area.
- INR 25,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “Z” category area.
- For detailed information about categories. kindly go through 'Scheme Details'.
- In exceptional cases, additional funding up to a maximum of INR 20,000 can be granted for special projects undertaken by a fellow. This will be approved on a case-by-case basis upon submission of a proposal describing the particulars of the said initiative and the expenses involved.
- Work Plan including a concise description of the work or research the applicant plans to undertake during the fellowship period (not exceeding 1000 words)
- Statement of Purpose (not exceeding 1000 words)
- Letter of Endorsement from the Mentor (endorsing the applicant’s work plan and agreeing to supervise their work during the fellowship period, as well as indicate their willingness to review and comment upon the applicant’s quarterly and annual progress reports)
- Letter of Recommendation (Note - For fresh graduates an academic letter of recommendation is acceptable.)
- Declaration Form
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button below and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Submit the documents separately labelled, in a zipped folder labelled by the applicant's name through email at - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note - Please mention the subject line as - “Application for Inlaks Shivdasani Fellowship for Social Engagement”.
Application Deadline - 15th May 2022
Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates - 15th June 2022
Announcement of Final List - 1st July 2022
Joining Date - 1st August 2022
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria and documents provided.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship will last for 2 years subject to the satisfactory completion of a probation period and quarterly and annual review of the fellows’ work. The probation period will be for the first 6 months of the fellowship. The stipend will be disbursed half-yearly in advance.
The stipend is subject to timely receipt of quarterly reports in which fellows self assess their progress. These reports will be reviewed and commented on by their mentor before submission.
- A commitment to a 2-year fellowship term subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the contract with Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
- Fellows are expected to carry out their work in good faith and to the best of their abilities comporting with the highest standards of ethics, inclusion and fairness.
- Fellows are expected to abide by the working policies of their host organization.
- Fellows will submit progress reports to the foundation for quarterly review. This will be reviewed and commented on by their mentor.
- An annual presentation of the fellows’ work.
- To enable the fellows to build a diverse worldview, fellows are expected to engage with their peers in the fellowship, participate and contribute to reflection workshops conducted by the foundation from time to time.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more