Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Chandrasekhar Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) invites applications for IIA Chandrasekhar Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2021 from Ph.D. degree holders. The fellowship is meant for exceptionally bright candidates with outstanding academic credentials in all areas of astronomy and astrophysics. The selected candidates will receive a fellowship up to INR 80,000 per month, an annual contingency grant of INR 2,00,000, and other benefits.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Chandrasekhar Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2021 Deadline30-Sep-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be below the age of 32 years
- Have obtained a Ph.D. degree
- Be an exceptionally bright candidate with outstanding academic credentials
The selected candidates will receive:
- A fellowship of INR 75,000 with up to 2 years of post-doctoral. experience and INR 80,000 for those with more than 2 years of experience.
- An annual contingency grant of INR 200,000.
- Housing (subject to availability), medical and other benefits in accordance with the prevailing rules of the institute.
- Travel support by economy airfare will be available at the time of taking up the assignment.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button.
Step 2: Complete the application form by providing personal, academic, work experience-related details.
Step 3: Submit the application form.
The applications will be accepted four times a year, with deadlines for applications fixed on January 31, May 31, and September 30.
The applications will be reviewed every quarter, in the first week of January, April, July and October on the basis of which the final selection will be made.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship is meant for research in all the areas of astronomy and astrophysics.
- The fellowship is for a period of two years with the possibility of an extension for one more year.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more