Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Senior Research Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) is inviting applications for Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Senior Research Fellowship 2020 from PhD degree holders in any of the specified disciplines of social science, who wish to seek a regular career in teaching and research. The selected fellow will receive a fellowship of INR 45,000 pm and a contingency grant of INR 40,000 per annum.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Senior Research Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Not to be less than 45 years and more than 70 years of age
- Hold a PhD degree in any discipline of social science with outstanding research publications
- Affiliate to an ICSSR Research Institute/ institutes approved by MHRD/ government research institutes/ UGC recognized Indian university
Note: Senior government and defence officers (not less than 25 years of regular service) and persons with proven Social Science expertise possessing a PhD degree in any social science disciplines and demonstrable research experience through publications of books/research papers/reports can also apply.
- The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 45,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 40,000 per annum (for two years).
- Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible at the parent institution.
- The ICSSR shall also pay the leave salary and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF/NPS and gratuity.
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 5,000 words
How can you apply?
Follow the given steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here to apply online and register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and submit the application.
Step 4 Take a print out of the application and attach all the relevant documents
Step 5: Send the hard copy of the application to the address given below
In-charge, RFS Division,
Indian Council of Social Science Research,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi 110067
Application deadline: 21st June 2020
- Applications are scrutinized and initial screening is done for eligibility and other conditions of the fellowship. Subject Group(s)/Expert Committee(s) short-list the eligible proposals for the next stage of interaction/presentation
- The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an interaction/presentation (in person or through technology) before an Expert Committee.
- After the interaction, the Expert Committee/s makes the recommendation for the award by the ICSSR.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholar shall acknowledge ICSSR’s support in all publications resulting from the research output of the fellowship and should submit a copy of the same to the ICSSR.
- Any post-award change in research design or methodology will require ICSSR’s approval.
- A certificate of having received books, software, equipment etc. purchased out of the contingency grant to be issued by the affiliating Institution.
- A fellow is not entitled to the same fellowship or pay protection more than once.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more