Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Doctoral Fellowships 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) invites applications for Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Post Doctoral Fellowships 2020 from Indian scholars who are registered for PhD in UGC recognized institutes. The main aim of the ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship is to empower and hold young Indian social science researchers. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 20,000 pm and a contingency grant of INR 20,000 pa.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Doctoral Fellowships 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Have a confirmed PhD registration
- Have obtained a minimum 45% marks in Graduation and 55% in Post-Graduation or equivalent grades in any social science disciplines
- Not be more than 40 years of age at the time of application (Note: Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability will be given)
Note: NET/SLET and M. Phil from a recognized university will carry weightage in the assessment of the research proposal. NET/SLET qualification are not mandatory for eligibility purposes, however, the submission of the NET / SLET Certificate is mandatory to secure weightage in the assessment.
Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship
- The value of the fellowship is INR 20,000 pm and contingency grant is INR 20,000 pa (for 2 years)
Institutional Doctoral Fellowship
- The duration and value of fellowship will be the same as mentioned under the Centrally Administered Full-Term Doctoral Fellowship.
Short-term Doctoral Fellowship
- The value of the fellowship is INR 20,000 pm and a contingency grant of INR 10,000 for the duration of the fellowship (for 6 months or till the date of PhD submission, whichever is earlier)
- This is a one-time grant not exceeding INR 62,500
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 500 words
- Summary of the thesis (in 3,000 to 4,000 words) and the research papers published
How can you apply?
Follow the given steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here to apply online and register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and submit the application.
Application Deadline: 28th June 2020
- Applications are scrutinized and initial screening is done for eligibility and other conditions of the fellowship. Subject Group(s)/Expert Committee(s) shortlist the eligible proposals for the next stage of interaction/presentation.
- The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an interaction/ presentation (in person or through technology) before an Expert Committee.
- After the interaction, the Expert Committee/s makes the recommendation for the award by the ICSSR.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellows have to stay and work full time at the affiliating University/Institute. However, they have to go for fieldwork sometimes.
- The fellowship is only for two years and can be extended under some exceptional circumstances.
- The contingency grant can be utilized for books, stationery, computer-related costs, and fieldwork expense.
- The ICSSR has all the rights to publish the PhD thesis.
- The fellow must not receive the fellowship from any other source.
- Privilege will be given to the less represented sections such as women and person belonging to Educationally Backward Areas/Districts, minority community, etc.
- The ICSSR reserves the right to cancel any application without prior notice.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more