IITM Summer Fellowship Programme 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras invites applications for its IITM Summer Fellowship Programme 2020 from young engineering, management, sciences and humanities students and provides them with the opportunity to earn INR 6,000 per month for 2 months. The fellowship aims to enhance awareness and interest in high-quality academic research through a goal-oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
IITM Summer Fellowship Programme 2020 DeadlineClosed
The following candidates are eligible for the fellowship:
- 3rd-year B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc students (Engineering)
- 3rd or 4th-year Integrated M.E./M.Tech. programme students
- 1st year ME/M.Tech/M.Sc./M.A, MBA students
Note: Students with an outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply. However, the students of the Indian Institute of Technology are not eligible.
The selected fellows will receive a stipend worth INR 6,000 per month for 2 months.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to register and create an account.
Step 2: Verify through the link sent to the registered email address and create a password.
Step 3: Fill up the forms under the "My Application Summary".
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 5: Select departments.
Step 6: Submit the application (This menu will be activated only after all the above steps are completed).
Step 7: This menu will create a PDF format application for the applicants to save.
Application deadline: 29 February 2020
Terms and Conditions
- Students from the Indian Institute of Technology are not eligible for the fellowship.
- The fellowship is for 2 months and the program may commence from 20th May 2019 to 19th July 2019. (Schedule may be flexible to suit student’s convenience).
- The applicants should highlight their academic performance and other achievements including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained.
- The following departments are included in the programme:
- Engineering Departments:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Science Departments:
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Management Studies
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more