H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation (SILF) invites applications for H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2021-22 to financially support students residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing higher professional studies. The scholarship will be given for pursuing professional master's, bachelor's, and diploma courses. The scholarship will be available only for courses offered by Government recognized institutions. The selected students will receive a monthly stipend, tuition fees and other benefits. SILF will support up to 25 students this academic year.
H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2021-22 Deadline31-May-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have at least one parent who has leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- Be admitted to professional courses at Government recognized institutions (Note: Students enrolled in non-professional courses are not eligible)
- Have completed Senior Secondary (10+2) education to get admission in professional courses
- Be a first-year student beginning his/her studies/course in the academic year 2021-22
- Belong to Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, or Delhi to avail of the scholarship
- Not have availed scholarships from other organizations/individuals
- Not be less than 17 years of age at the time of application
- Have completed the previous course in the year 2021 or 2020
- SILF will pay for the tuition fees, admission fee, mess fee, and boarding/hostel expenses to the institutes directly.
- SILF will also pay a stipend per month to each candidate to meet his or her requirements.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Self-attested copy of the birth certificate or proof of date of birth.
- Self-attested copy of pass certificate for matriculation (10th), senior secondary (12th), and graduation (if applying for Master's course).
- Self-attested copy of mark sheets of the 10th, 12th Board exam, and Graduation (if applying for Master's Course).
- Self-attested copy of Leprosy certificate of parent/parents (treatment certificate from the place where treated or certificate from District leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning Hansen’s disease/leprosy).
- A provisional admission letter issued by the institute to which s/he has secured admission or else applicant should indicate names of three colleges in which they are seeking admission.
- A reference letter from the colony leader certifying that the candidate is a resident of the colony and is the only candidate from their family.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button.
Step 2: Provide information on personal and education details.
Step 3: Download the application form.
Step 3: Fill up the annexures and send the completed application form along with required attested documents to the SILF office latest by 31st May 2021
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation
2nd Floor, IETE Building,
2, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Application Deadline: 31st May 2021
- All eligible candidates will be listed in the order of the set criteria of merit in the last examination.
- The selection committee will then select twenty top candidates for the scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- No capitation fee will be paid for admission.
- First-time applicants are eligible to apply for a scholarship only to a professional course leading to employment.
- Applications, which are not on the prescribed forms and are incomplete, will not be considered.
- Applications need to be verified by State leaders. Without the State leader's verification, the application will be considered incomplete.
Note: Only one individual from a family can avail of the scholarship. Also, the students who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered for the scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more