H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-03-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2023-24 is an initiative of the Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation (SILF) to financially support students residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing higher professional studies. The scholarship will be given for pursuing professional master's, bachelor's, and diploma courses. The scholarship will be available only for courses offered by Government recognized institutions. The selected students will receive tuition fees, admission fees, mess fees and boarding/hostel expenses.
H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- not be less than 17 years of age at the time of application
- belong to Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, or Delhi
- have at least one parent who has leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- be admitted to professional courses at Government recognized institutions
- have completed Senior Secondary (10+2) education in the year 2022-21
- be a first-year student beginning studies/courses in the academic year 2022-21
- Students enrolled in non-professional courses are not eligible.
- Applicants availing scholarships from other organizations/individuals will not be considered.
The selected candidates will receive tuition fees, admission fees, mess fees and boarding/hostel expenses from the institutes directly.
- Passport-size photographs of the applicant
- Self-attested copies of the following documents -
- Birth certificate or proof of date of birth
- Pass Certificate for Matriculation (Class 10) senior secondary (Class 12) and Graduation (If applying for master’s course)
- Marksheets of Class 10, 12 board exam and Graduation (If applying for Master's Course)
- Leprosy certificate of parent/parents (treatment certificate from the place where treated or Certificate from District Leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning Hansen’s disease/leprosy)
- A provisional admission letter issued by the institute to which the applicant has secured admission or else the applicant should indicate the names of 3 colleges in which they are seeking admission
- A reference letter from the colony leader certifying that the candidate is a resident of the colony and is the only candidate from their family
- Proof of admission in a government-recognised institute (Note - In case the student has already gained admission)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship using the steps listed below -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to 'How to Apply' and click on the given link.
Step 4: Click on 'HHDLS Scholarship 2022-23' and fill in the details to 'Register'. (Note - If the applicant is already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: Fill in the required details, attach the relevant documents, and submit.
Application Deadline - 30th June 2023
All eligible candidates will be listed in the order of the set criteria of merit in the last examination. The selection committee will then select twenty top candidates for the scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- No capitation fee will be paid for admission.
- First-time applicants are eligible to apply for a scholarship only to a professional course leading to employment.
- Candidates cannot make more than one application for a scholarship type.
- The Same applicant cannot make 2 applications for the same scholarship type. Both applications would be rejected if we find a duplicate application
- Applications, which are not on the prescribed forms and are incomplete, will not be considered.
- Applications need to be verified by State leaders. Without the State leader's verification, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Only one individual from a family can avail of the scholarship. Also, the students who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered for the scholarship.
- The candidates are expected to keep regular attendance and dedication to learning with high performance.
- The candidates should adhere to all the rules, regulations, and disciplines of the respective institution/hostel where they are studying.
- Any report from the institute/hostel which amounts to a violation of the above would result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'HHDL Guideline'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more