G. P. Birla Scholarship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
G. P. Birla Educational Foundation is offering G. P. Birla Scholarship 2020 to meritorious students from West Bengal, who have passed Class 12 examination in 2020. The selected candidate will receive a scholarship worth INR 50,000 per year and other benefits. The scholarship can be availed by students pursuing courses in any stream including Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture etc.
G. P. Birla Scholarship 2020
DeadlineClosed EligibilityRead More
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of West Bengal
- Have passed the Class 12 examination with 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% marks or more from the Central Board
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 3,00,000 per year
- Be in need of financial help to pursue further studies
- Be continuing studies in any stream including Arts, Science, Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Commerce, or professional courses like Company Secretaryship, Cost Accountancy and Chartered Accountancy course from a recognized Indian University/Institution.
Note: The maximum income criteria can be relaxed for students who have scored 95% or more in State Board and 97% or more in Central Board examination on the discretion of the Trustees.
A total of 100 scholarships are granted to meritorious students every year that includes -
- Scholarship of up to INR 50,000 per annum to cover the tuition fees and hostel fees
- Additional onetime payment of INR 7,000 towards the purchase of books in the first year of college.
Last date of application:15th September 2020
The selection of students is made by an expert panel of the Trust that currently includes eminent members like Prof. Sumanta Basu (Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata) and Dr. Rajib Das (Jadavpur University, Kolkata). The expert panel reviews the applications received and interview shortlisted prospective candidates after which the final selection is done.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the student has passed Class 12 or where he has taken admission.
- The scholarship is granted for one year at a time.
- It can be continued further up to the completion of the course or a maximum ceiling of 4 years subject to satisfactory performance of the students in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I am the student of UG B.Com (H) 4th sem I have 87% marks in H.S examination that time I don't know about this precious scholarship can I apply this scholarship in this session I passed out session 2019-20
Asked by Ramasish Yadav on 09-Sep-2021
Dimple Thapa on 15-Sep-2021
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria specified in the scholarship guidelines, you can apply for it before its deadline expires.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more