G. P. Birla Scholarship 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 20-06-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
G. P. Birla Scholarship 2023 is an initiative of the G.P. Birla Educational Foundation* for meritorious students from West Bengal, who have passed the class 12 examination in the year 2023. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship worth INR 50,000 per year and other benefits.
*The G.P. Birla Educational Foundation was initiated to nurture the dream of Late Shri G. P. Birla, renowned Industrialist, and Philanthropist, to promote education, improve human resources and encourage the youth of the country to pursue education.
G. P. Birla Scholarship 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a citizen of West Bengal
- have passed the class 12 examination in the year 2023
- have secured 85% marks or more from WBCHSE (West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education) or 90% or more from ISC/CBSE
- be pursuing undergraduate courses in streams such as Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary, and Cost Accountancy from any recognized University/Institution in India
- have an annual family income of less than INR 3,00,000 (Note - For extra meritorious students, maximum family income criteria may be relaxed in specific cases at the Trustees' discretion) OR
- need financial help to pursue further studies
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits -
- Scholarship of up to INR 50,000 per year to cover the tuition fees and hostel fees
- Additional one-time payment of INR 7,000 towards the purchase of books in the first year of college
Note - The scholarship is initially granted to students for one year, and its continuation depends on the student's satisfactory performance in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.
This continuation can be extended up to a maximum of 4 years, subject to an annual evaluation and a limit of 4 years for the completion of the course.
- A complete and signed copy of the application form
- Scanned colour photograph (Format - .jpg max size 30KB)
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken)
- Copy of Class 12 marksheet (Format - .pdf max size 2MB)
- Annual family income proof certificate (Format - .pdf max size 2MB) -
- Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate (in case the Father or Mother is in Employment with Government or Private Sector) or
- Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars, Councillors, etc. (in any other case).
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps:
Online Application Process:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id)
Step 3: Navigate to 'Please click here to apply' at the bottom of the page to access the online application form.
Step 4: Fill in the details, upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format and submit the form.
Offline Application Process -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button and read the details.
Step 2: Navigate to 'download' in the first section of the page to download the application form.
Step 3: Fill in the details, attach the necessary documents and send the below-mentioned address by post -
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
(Landmark. Calcutta Ice Skating Rink)
Application Deadline - 31st July 2023
The applicants will be selected based on merit and need financial assistance for pursuing further studies.
The selection of the students will be done by an expert panel. Presently, the panel includes Prof. Sumanta Basu of the Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata and Dr. Rajib Das of Jadavpur University, Kolkata, who will review the applications received and interview shortlisted prospective candidates.
The decision of the expert panel will be final.
Terms and Conditions
- The marks will be calculated in the following manner -
- WBCHSE - %age of total marks out of 500 (As per results)
- ISC/CBSE - %age of best of 4 Papers out of 400 (One Language paper compulsory)
- Applications will be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the student has passed Class 12 or where the applicant has taken admission.
- After submitting the application, a unique application number is generated which will be kept for future reference.
- There is no requirement to send an application by post if the applicants have already submitted it online.
- The shortlisted students will be intimated through email about further processes. All the communications will be sent to the email.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I am the student of UG B.Com (H) 4th sem I have 87% marks in H.S examination that time I don't know about this precious scholarship can I apply this scholarship in this session I passed out session 2019-20
Asked by Ramasish Yadav on 09-Sep-2021
Dimple Thapa on 15-Sep-2021
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria specified in the scholarship guidelines, you can apply for it before its deadline expires.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more