Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowships 2024-25
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 17-04-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowships 2024-25 is an opportunity offered by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) to outstanding Indian students. Under this fellowship, the selected candidates can pursue a master's degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities in the following areas -
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- International Affairs
- International Legal Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
The selected candidates will receive funding for tuition fees and other benefits.
Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowships 2024-25
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks
- possess a four-year bachelor's degree or have completed a master's degree OR
- have a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution, if the bachelor's degree is of less than four years duration
- have at least three years of full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study
- be experienced in leadership and community service
- not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program
The selected applicants will receive the following benefits -
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow's home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition, living and related costs
- Accident and sickness coverage as per U.S. government guidelines
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master's fellowships provide no financial support to dependents.
- USIEF funding will not cover all costs and the fellows will need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume
- Academic degree and mark sheets
- Language test scores
- Letter of invitation
- FNDR annexure form
- FNDR endorsement form
- Study/research objective
- Personal statement
- Writing sample
- Portfolio, if applicable
- Scanned copies of your mark sheets or transcripts and diploma/degree certificates
- Scanned copies of proof of work/professional experience
- Three reference letters
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Detailed Application Instruction'.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'How to Apply' section and click on the first link.
Step 4: For first-time users, click on the 'Create an Account' link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 5: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, and date of birth and click on 'Continue'
Step 6: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 7: After successfully creating the account, log in using valid credentials.
Step 8: Fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the required documents s in PDF format as required.
Step 9: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
- The name must be entered exactly the way it appears (or will appear) on the applicant's passport.
- For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Detailed Application Instruction'.
Application Deadline - 17th May 2023, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
National interviews of Shortlisted Candidates - End August 2023
USIEF Notifies Finalists - March/April 2024
Beginning of Program - August/September 2024
The candidates will be selected based on their qualifications by an expert committee.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant will be affiliated with one US host institution for the grant.
- The applicants can apply under one fellowship category only during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- Applicants recommended by the experts will be required to appear for an interview with the USIEF National Selection Committee.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more