CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is inviting applications from CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020 from PhD degree holders below 32 years of age. The fellowship aims to identify promising young researchers with innovative ideas and provide them with training and research opportunities in niche area of basic science, engineering, agriculture and medicine. The selected fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of INR 65,000 per month, House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible and a contingency grant of INR 3 Lakh per annum.
CSIR Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be PhD degree holders within three years of the award of PhD degree, or those who have submitted PhD theses
- Not be more than 32 years of age, relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Physically handicapped and women candidates and 3 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates
The selected fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of INR 65,000 per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible and a contingency grant of INR 3 lakh per annum. 25% of the contingency grant can be used for domestic and international travel including per diem expenses.
- List of publications and patents with full references
- Proposed research
- Academic transcripts
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the official fellowship notification and go through the information carefully.
Step 2: Read the instructions and download the application proforma.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
Step 4: Attach supporting documents.
Step 5: Send the duly filled application to -
Mr. S. A. Hasan
CSIR-Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue
Pusa, New Delhi-110012
Application deadline: Round the year
Selections to the “CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowships” will be made based on the presentation of the proposed research project followed by interview of shortlisted candidates by specially constituted Committees.
Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions for CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Fellowship will remain the same as those applicable to CSIR Research Associateship (RA) till further notification.
- Appointing CSIR laboratory will bear 20% of the annual expenditure from its internal resources.
- 20% of the fellowship amount will be paid as a lump sum at the end of completion of 1st and 2nd year, respectively.
- Selected candidates are expected to join within four months of the effective date of the award.
- Candidates who have worked for their PhD from a particular CSIR laboratory will not be eligible for becoming a PDF in the same CSIR laboratory under this scheme.
- The fellowship is tenable for two years and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendation from the Directors of the CSIR lab where working.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more