Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 12-12-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022 is an opportunity offered by the UK government scholarship scheme to postgraduate students of least-developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries. This scholarship is intended to enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development and to support students who otherwise could not afford to study in the UK. The selected students will receive approved tuition fees, stipend, and other benefits.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a master’s degree) by September 2023
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- be unable to afford to study in a UK university without this scholarship
- have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
The selected students will receive the following benefits -
- Approved airfare from home country to the UK and return at the end of the award
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 per month, or £1,516 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels) – paid and funded by the university
- Warm clothing allowance, if applicable
- Thesis grant, if applicable
- Study travel grant
- Excess baggage allowance
- Reimbursement of the cost of mandatory TB test
- Child allowance, if applicable
- Supplementary family allowance
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status
- Full transcripts detailing all the higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications the candidate is currently studying (with certified translations if not in English).
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Click on 'How to Apply' and click on the given link.
Step 4: Select the nationality and continue to 'Register' using a valid email. (Note - If you are already registered, kindly login using valid credentials.)
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit.
Application Deadline - 13th December 2022
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria -
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
Terms and Conditions
- A Commonwealth Shared Scholarship covers fees, fares, and personal maintenance. Other scholarships, awards, or bursaries that cover the same costs may not be held concurrently.
- The selected candidates will be required to submit a well-being and disability form before the confirmation of the award can be issued.
- The selected candidates will be required to sign an undertaking to return to their home country as soon as possible after the end of the award.
Note - For detailed information, kindly refer to the 'Guidelines'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more