Chevening Scholarships 2024-25
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 18-09-2023 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Chevening Scholarships 2024-25 is an initiative of the Government of United Kingdom in collaboration with the UK Universities to provide financial help to Indian students who wish to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university. The selected candidates will receive a fully-funded scholarship for a year for the course and other benefits.
Chevening Scholarships 2024-25
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory including India
- hold an undergraduate degree that enables entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time of the submission of application (Note - This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but can be different depending on the course and university choice)
- have at least two years of work experience (equivalent to 2,800 hours)
- return to India for a minimum of two years after the award has ended
Note - Applicants who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
The following benefits will be included as part of the Chevening Scholarship -
- Fully-funded scholarship for the course for a year
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- Cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- A valid passport/National ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master's course choices
- Names of two referees who know the applicant in a professional or academic capacity
- English language test score
How can you apply?
Eligible candidate can apply for the scholarship by using the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Your Country/Territory' option and choose 'India', then under the 'Select Your Awards' section, choose 'Scholarship', and click on the 'Search' button.
Step 4: Click on the 'Apply Today' button.
Step 5: Go to the 'Register Here' button and 'Accept' the policies.
Step 6: Fill in the required details, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Submit' button.
Step 7: Log in using valid credentials, fill in the required details and upload relevant documents.
Step 8: Submit the application.
Application Closing Date - 7th November 2023
The applicants will be selected based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria and performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- The reference must be written in English.
- All applicants need to register as new users regardless of whether they have applied previously.
- The applications, once submitted cannot be edited. Thus, the applicants are advised to fill the form carefully.
- The applications found ineligible for the scholarship will be removed from the selection process.
- The interview will be conducted in a city/town where the British embassy or high commission has representation.
- Skype interviews are permitted in exceptional cases.
- The candidates will not be eligible for the scholarship if they -
- hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country
- have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship
- are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- The candidates having a master’s degree does not prevent them from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as they can clearly explain why it will help them fulfil their career plan to influence positive change in their home country.
*Note - Relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple has been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years).
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Hi there, Greetings of the day Being eligible for this scholarship we should have 2 years of work experience so,could you please confirm which kind od work experience would be considered (ex unpaid internships or work in a company)? Thanks Looking forward to your response
Asked by Komal Dass on 26-Sep-2021
Dimple Thapa on 30-Sep-2021
Both internship and a full-time job are considered as work experience. If you have an overall work experience of more than 2 years, you can apply for this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more