NSP Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is inviting applications for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students 2019-20 from class 12 passed students who are studying in college/university. The scholarship aims to support meritorious students from financially weaker sections by providing them financial assistance for their day-to-day expenses incurred while pursuing higher studies.
NSP Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream in class 12 or equivalent of respective State examination boards.
- Be pursuing a regular course such as medical and engineering in a college/institution recognised by the AICTE, Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI) and other respective regulatory authorities.
- Have annual family income not more than INR 8 Lakhs from all sources.
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship.
Note: Students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence and diploma courses are not eligible.
The students selected for this scholarship are provided financial support which varies depending on their education level.
- At graduation level, a scholarship of INR 10,000 per annum will be provided for the first three years.
- At the post-graduation level, an amount of INR 20,000 per annum will be provided.
- For 5-year professional courses, INR 20,000 per annum will be provided in the 4th and 5th year.
Note: In the case of technical courses such as B.Tech and B.E., the selected candidates will receive a scholarship for up to graduation level.
- Aadhaar Card (in case Aadhaar is not yet assigned, alternatives like Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, application made for Aadhaar enrolment, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc., can be used)
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Income certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 15 July 2019
Scholarship closing date: 15 November 2019
Last date for defective verification: 15 November 2019
Last date for institute verification: 15 November 2019
Students will be selected based on the merit list as per the state allocated quota. The applications of the candidates will be verified at two distinctive levels, namely-
- By the Institute where the student is studying
- By the respective State Education Board
Terms and Conditions
- Students belonging to reserved categories/minorities/weaker sections are eligible for reservation on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
- The applications of students which are not verified either by the Institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as 'Invalid'.
- The total duration of the scholarship will not be exceeding 5 years.
- 50% of the total scholarships are reserved for girl candidates.
- A total of 82,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year amongst the pass outs of Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1.
To know more, click here.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I've passed my 12th in 2019-2020 now I'm in 1st year bsc maths student. I am not applied for central sector scholership because now date is gone now can i apply for these scholarship in 2nd year ??
Asked by Karina Rathod on 08-Apr-2021
Longranok Longchar on 28-Apr-2021
I didn't get my 2020 scholarship ..is it rejected or how?
Dimple Thapa on 13-Apr-2021
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship the next year if you fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
Do we have to register/renew every year for NSP central Sector Scholarship ? I've already registered and recieved the first Payment from NSP . I'm First Year Btech student in 2021
Asked by DANU SABU on 07-Apr-2021
Dimple Thapa on 13-Apr-2021
For renewal, you may have to register again the subsequent year and make a renewal application to continue receiving the NSP Central Sector Scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more