Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata Junior/Senior Research Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata invites applications for Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata Junior/Senior Research Fellowship 2020 from Master degree holders. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship INR 14,000 plus admissible HRA (as per rules).
Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata Junior/Senior Research Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
Educational Qualifications for Junior Research Fellowship:
The candidate must -
- Not be more than 28 years as on the last date of application
- Hold a Master degree in Zoology/Life Sciences with Zoology as a major subject in undergraduate course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% marks
Educational Qualifications for Senior Research Fellowship:
The candidate must -
- Hold a Master's degree in Zoology/Life Sciences with Zoology as a major subject in undergraduate course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Have at least one publication in SCI Journal
- Have completed at least two years of post-M.Sc. research experience
- The upper age limit is 32 years. The upper age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-Non Creamy Layer(NCL)/Women/ Physically Challenged applicants as per Govt. of India rules
Desirable Qualifications for both JRF and SRF - Research experience in taxonomy, systematics, zoology or allied subject, field survey experience in wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection, scuba diving and snorkeling, mountaineering, etc.
The selected Junior Research Fellow will receive a remuneration of Rs. 12,000/- + Admissible HRA (As per rules)
The selected Senior Research Fellow will receive a remuneration of INR 14,000/-plus Admissible HRA (As per rules)
Number of Posts: 20
- Testimonials of educational qualifications
- Research experience certificate
- Proof for date of birth
- Copies of mark sheets of all examinations
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Prepare the application along with all relevant documents.
Step 4: Send the completed application via speed post/registered post to-
Ministry of Environment,
Forest and Climate Change
ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA -Block,
New Alipore, Kolkata – 70 053
- Superscribe "Application for the post of JRF/SRF" on top of the envelope
- Applications must be accompanied by a Fee in the form of an account Payee Bank Demand Draft (Rs.400/- for general candidates, Rs. 200/- for OBC candidates and Rs.100/- for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes/PH candidates) in favor of Pay and Accounts Officer(BSI/ZSI), 234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace Complex, Kolkata-20
Application deadline: 30th September 2020
The selection will be based on applicant's qualification & experience and their performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Mere possession of qualification and experience may not be enough for a candidate to be called for interview or selection
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed through email and or speed post for appearing before an interview committee.
- The candidate selected will be liable to posted anywhere in the country, including field sites and HQ, regional centers of ZSI, will have to join immediately after their selection.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more