YLAC Counter Speech Fellowship with Instagram 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Young Leaders for Active Citizenship (YLAC) invites applications for the YLAC Counter Speech Fellowship with Instagram 2020 from children in Class 8 to 12. The fellowship is a platform for exceptional teen leaders to use the power of visual storytelling to drive change. For a period of 2 months, fellows will be trained and mentored to create content and start conversations on the fellowship themes of bullying, body positivity, mental wellbeing, sustainability, gender equality and diversity. YLAC and Instagram are committed to working with teens to help them leverage this powerful tool to address issues that affect them directly.
YLAC Counter Speech Fellowship with Instagram 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a student of Class 8 to 12
- Be aged between 13 and 18 years
Note: Students who are 18 years of age but have already completed school are not eligible.
The selected fellows will have an opportunity to attend a fully-funded 2-month training program. Fellows are mentored and encouraged to build powerful content and the most inspiring work is promoted on Instagram on the themes proposed by the organisation.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the link here to access the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Answer the essay questions asked in the application.
Step 4: Attach the required documents.
Step 5: Submit the application.
- Deadline for applications: 10th May 2020 (Sunday)
- In-person interviews: 14th June 2020 (Sunday)
For more information, click here.
The selection procedure consists of 2 rounds:
- Round I: Shortlisting of applicants based on the application form submitted by them.
- Round II: Shortlisted applicants are called in for interviews. This is an informal interaction but conducted in-person. Final selections will be announced soon after.
The final evaluation of applicants is based on their responses to the questions in the application form and their performance during the informal interview.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship program will run in 4 cities in 2020 including the following:
- The fellowship program is built around 3 pillars – awareness, support and advocacy.
- The fellowship is designed as a fully-funded engagement wherein fellows meet every alternate weekend for a period of 3-4 hours in their city.
- The overall duration of the fellowship is 2 months and the schedule is easy to accommodate alongside regular school work and examinations.
- In each city, about 25-30 fellows will be selected.
- This is a fully-funded fellowship and there is no application fee
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more