Women Scientist Scheme-C (WOS-C) 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) invites applications for Women Scientist Scheme-C (WOS-C) 2019 from Indian women pursuing studies in science between 27 and 45 years of age. It is a flagship programme of KIRAN (Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing). The scheme provides women scientists with the opportunity to return to mainstream science and work in the field and area of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and earn a stipend of up to INR 30,000 per month. WOS-C aims to train women of the country in the area of IPR and their management for a period of 1 year.
Women Scientist Scheme-C (WOS-C) 2019 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the program:
- Women who have Indian citizenship.
- They must be either a Master of Science or a Bachelors in Engineering/Technology or equivalent.
- They should be between 27 and 45 years of age as on 20-03-2019.
Note: The women occupying a permanent position or who have already undergone partial or full training are not eligible to apply.
The following benefits will be received by the selected scholars:
A stipend of INR 20,000 per month will be given to holders of MSc in Basic or Applied Sciences/MBBS/BTech/ or equivalent degree.
A stipend of INR 25,000 per month will be given to holders of M.Phil/M.Pharma/MTech/MVSc or equivalent degree.
A stipend of INR 30,000 per month will be given to holders of a PhD in Basic or Applied Sciences or equivalent degree.
Attach the following documents along with the application:
- Scanned photographs and signature
- Any details on papers published or accepted and Patents granted/applied (if any).
- Details of scholarships received (if any).
- Details of periods of employment and unemployment (if any).
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Create an account on the official website.
Step 2: Log-in with the respective credentials.
Step 3: Fill the application form carefully.
Step 4: Attach the required documents.
Step 5: Submit the application.
- A pan-India examination and an interview will be held to shortlist applicants.
- The examination will be conducted in objective-type.
- The time duration of the examination is 2 hours in which the candidates have to attempt 120 questions.
- The question paper is divided into two sections namely, General Section and Technical Subject Section.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for the online test.
- A merit list will be released after the online examination for the purpose of the interview and the successful applicants will be informed.
To know more, click here.
Terms and Conditions
- Only eight days of leave is allowed during the term of training for 1 year.
- Candidates who are prepared to relocate themselves for training around different coordination centres should only apply.
- Candidates will have to report to the coordination centre within 1 week of receiving the intimation.
- TIFAC will recover the paid stipend from the applicants who leave the programme in the middle.
- No documents received from the applicants through post/email will be regarded or entertained.
- Only a single form per candidate will be considered.
- Applicants must keep the Application Number safe which is generated at the end of filling up the application form. The number can be used to know the status of the application.
- The applicant can "Edit" his/her application anytime they want to provided they do it before the "Last Date". The respective login credentials of the applicant shall be used for accessing his/her online application form.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more