Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) 2020 invites applications from women scientists and technologists who are taking a break in their career. This scheme aims to encourage the selected candidates to utilize their knowledge and zeal for the benefit of society. The scheme focuses on projects that lead to science and technology-based solutions to societal issues and challenges for social benefits.
Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) 2020 DeadlineClosed
- Women scientists or technologists are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have qualifications in science and technology areas
- The applicants must fall in the age group of 27 to 57 years.
- The applicants must be having a break in their career.
Note: Women working as permanent employees are not eligible to apply.
The selected candidates will receive -
- INR 55,000 per month for PhD or equivalent + HRA and Overheads. The total project cost must not exceed INR 30 Lakh.
- INR 40,000 per month for MPhil/MTech or equivalent +HRA and Overheads. The total project cost must not be more than INR 25 Lakh.
- INR 31,000 per month for MSc or equivalent + HRA and Overheads. The total project cost must not exceed INR 20 Lakh.
Note: Total project cost includes fellowship of Principal Investigators (PI), consumables, travel, contingencies and minor equipment but exceeding HRA and overheads.
- Project proposal
- Biodata of the applicant
- Conflict of Interest
- Certificate from PI
- Endorsement from the head of Institute
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply online by following the step mentioned below:
Step 1: Click here to apply.
Step 2: Now, click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Fill the form to register as the new user.
Step 4: On registering for the scheme, user ID and link to generate password is sent on the registered email ID.
Step 5: Generate the password and use the User ID & password to log in.
Step 6: Fill all the required details and upload the required documents.
Step 7: Finally, submit the form.
Step 8: Now, send one hard copy of the submitted research proposal by speed post to the below-given address with the envelope superscribed as ‘Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B)’ -
Mrs. Namita Gupta, Scientist - 'G',
Department of Science and Technology (DST),
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road,
Application deadline: 31st May 2020
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates can submit their proposal in the following areas:
- Agriculture, Food and Environmental Challenges (AFE)
- Strengthening Health Care and Nutrition (HN)
- Energy (ER)
- Water and Waste Management (WWM)
- Engineering and IT Solutions to Societal Issues (EIT)
- Harnessing Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The project is tenable for a maximum period of three years.
- Basic research proposals will not be entertained under WOS-B.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more