Visiting Advanced Joint Research Faculty Scheme (VAJRA) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites applications for Visiting Advanced Joint Research Faculty Scheme (VAJRA) 2020 from overseas scientists, faculty and active researchers. The key objective of this faculty scheme is to bring a strong international connect to the R&D ecosystem of India. Selected candidates will receive USD 15,000 in the first month of residence and USD 10,000 in each of the subsequent months.
Visiting Advanced Joint Research Faculty Scheme (VAJRA) 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
The fellowship is open to the following candidates:
- Overseas scientists, faculty members and R&D professionals including Non-resident Indians (NRI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- The overseas scientist or faculty should be an active researcher working in a leading academic / research / industrial organization with significant accomplishments in research and development
- Indian Collaborator(s) should be a regular faculty/researcher in public-funded academic/research institutions with significant ongoing research in the area of VAJRA Faculty
VAJRA faculty will be provided USD 15,000 in the first month of residence and USD 10,000 in each of the subsequent months. If the assignment is for shorter durations, the amount will be provided on a pro-rata basis. No separate support is provided for travel, accommodation, medical/personal insurance etc. However, the host institution may consider providing additional support for e.g. highly subsidised on-campus / nearby off-campus accommodation
Following documents need to be uploaded in PDF format:
- CV of VAJRA Faculty (including academic qualifications, research experience, awards/honours and publications relevant to research collaboration. Document size should not be more than 10 MB)
- Proposal (Download Template)
- Certificate from Lead Indian Collaborator (Download Template)
- Endorsement Letter from Indian Collaborator Institution (Download Template)
- Consent Letter from Institution of VAJRA Faculty (Download Template)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in to complete the application.
Step 3: Under 'Form Submission' choose Scheme: VAJRA
Step 4: Upload the required documents.
Step 5: Submit the form.
Runs throughout the year.
The selection of the applicant will be based on the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The initial assignment will be for a period of one year extendable to subsequent years based on the collaborative outcome and interest.
- The residency period of VAJRA faculty in the host institution would be for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months every year.
- The Indian collaborator should identify appropriate overseas faculty/researcher and jointly frame a research plan.
- Endorsement certificate from Indian Institution and consent letter from overseas faculty institution for participation as VAJRA Faculty should be uploaded during the time of submission.
- On submission of the online application, a link to view the submitted application would be sent to the overseas faculty. On his/her acceptance, the application would be completed for further consideration.
- SERB will announce the results in the month of April and September (with an exception for the year 2017).
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more