Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme 2018, Andhra Pradesh
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation, a Government of Andhra Pradesh undertaking, invites applications from the economically weak Kapu youth in Andhra Pradesh. Through the Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme, the government aims to provide financial assistance of up to INR 10 lakh to students from the Kapu community of Andhra Pradesh so as to help them get overseas education.
Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme 2018, Andhra Pradesh DeadlineClosed
This scholarship is for students who aspire to do their Graduate (only MBBS), Post Graduate or PhD courses abroad. To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh
- Belong to Kapu community (the Kapu, Balika, Telaga and Ontari sub-castes of Andhra Pradesh)
- Have an annual family income not exceeding INR 6 lakh
- Have received his/her Intermediate certificate/relevant Graduate Degree for applying for MBBS courses or Graduate/PG certificate for applying for PG/PhD courses
- Must be at the age of 35 or below at the time of application
- Have a valid TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT
- Have obtained admission into an accredited Foreign University
- Possess a valid Passport
- Make his/her own efforts in seeking admission in an accredited University/Institution abroad
- Obtain the appropriate Visa for a country where the admitted university is located
- Not have availed any other Government scheme for the same purpose
A total of 400 scholarships will be disbursed among economically weak Kapu youth. The students selected for the Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme can avail the following benefits:
- Financial assistance of INR 10 lakh to applicants selected through the prescribed process
- One way economy class ticket (lowest fare tickets) for the shortest route payable upon production of valid visa and admission particulars
- Reimbursement of total visa fee upon the production of valid visa and receipts of visa payment
The applicants should submit the scanned copies of the self attested copy of the following documents:
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Caste certificate issued by competent authority
- Date of birth proof
- Intermediate or Graduate degree mark sheet
- Passbook details of Savings Bank Account in a Nationalised Bank (account in the name of applicant)
- Passport size photograph (in JPEG format up to 50 KB size)
- Passport copy
- GRE/GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test score card
- TOEFL/IELTS score card
- Admission offer letter from foreing University
- Biodate of the candidate
Note: The documents should be in PDF format of min 50 KB and max 150 KB size each.
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the online application portal of Andhra Pradesh scholarships here.
Step 2: Fill in the application form in the prescribed format.
Step 3: Provide all the necessary details and upload the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
- The selection of the candidates shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee.
- The selection of the candidates shall be based on the application data and biodata of the candidate.
- Of the total scholarships to be awarded, 33% shall be earmarked for women candidates (Male candidates can be given these scholarships if an adequate number of Women do not apply).
- Of the total scholarships to be awarded, 3% shall be earmarked for specially-abled candidates (Other candidates can be given these scholarships if an adequate number of specially-abled candidates do not apply).
Terms and Conditions
- The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within 1 year of communication of selection.
- The candidate can change the course or university of study or research whose permission shall be accorded on a case by case basis, subject to approval by the State Level Selection Committee.
- This scholarship can be availed only once and no applications shall be considered for the second or subsequent times.
- For this scheme, the recognised universities from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, France, Denmark, Russia, Philippines, Kazakhstan and China shall be considered.
- Applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
Find more details here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more