University of Sydney The Humanitarian High Achiever Scholarship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The University of Sydney invites applications for ‘The Humanitarian High Achiever Scholarship 2020’ from young students of asylum seeker status commencing undergraduate studies at the University of Sydney. The aim of this scholarship is to offer financial support to an asylum seeker to start an undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. Under this scholarship scheme, a benefit of up to AUD 50,000 per year will be awarded to cover tuition fee for the duration of the course.
University of Sydney The Humanitarian High Achiever Scholarship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an international student
- Have completed an Australian year 12 program (or equivalent) prior to the start of the course
- Be commencing an undergraduate course of up to four years in the fields of STEM, architecture and design, commerce (excluding economics) or pharmacy
- Be living in Australia one year prior to the start of the course
- Hold asylum seeker status in Australia with one of the following visas at the time of applying;
- Bridging Visa E or A ( and also applied for the protection visa),
- Temporary Protection Visa (Subclass 785),
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (Subclass 790)
Selected scholars will receive an amount of up to AUD 50,000 annually to cover their tuition fee for the duration of the course.
- Australian asylum seeker status document.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to start the application process.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents and accept the terms and conditions after carefully reading them.
Step 4: Submit the form.
Application deadline: 30th September 2020
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the academic merit and personal statement submitted by them at the time of filling the application form.
Terms and Conditions
- International student status will be considered as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
- Upon the completion of the course, any unspent fund can be used for the recipient’s further study within the University of Sydney.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred without prior permission from the Head of the scholarship.
- The recipient must maintain a minimum of 50 marks in all the subjects in every semester for continual receipt of the scholarship money.
- The scholarship will be suspended if the recipient is found guilty in any misconduct or found guilty of submitting any false information in the application form.
- This scholarship will not be awarded if the recipient is availing any other tuition fee scholarship from the University of Sydney.
- The applicant must not have previously undertaken tertiary education in Australia irrespective of the graduation status of the degree.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more