UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Program 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
UNESCO invites applications for UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme from postgraduate students. The fellowship aims to support outstanding postgraduate research in four areas of development with particular interest to UNESCO - Environment (with particular attention on disaster risk reduction (DRR); Intercultural Dialogue; Information and Communication Technologies; and Peaceful conflict resolution. Selected fellows will receive a lump sum amount of USD 10,000.
UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Program 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be post-graduate researchers with master’s degree and wish to pursue research work abroad
- Possess high intellectual promise and should be interested to make significant contributions to their country on return
- Not be more than 40 years of age
- Be ready to carry out the research under the guidance of an academic supervisor
- Be proficient in reading and writing in the language of instruction of study in the proposed country
Note: Preferences will be given to women candidates, candidates from least developed countries, African researchers and students interested for commencing research in Japan.
Selected fellows will receive a lump sum fellowship of USD 10,000.
- UNESCO Fellowship form
- Certified copies of degrees or diplomas (including the transcript of grades)
- Two recent photographs
- A letter of recommendation
- Host institute's letter of acceptance
- Detailed description (one or two pages) of the research
- Certificate of language proficiency
How can you apply?
Step 1: National Commission will select the two candidates and submit their applications to UNESCO
Step 2: Advance copy of the application will be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Step 3: Filled application(s) along with the documents have to be sent to Section of Participation Programme and Fellowships, UNESCO, 7, Place de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07 SP
Last date of application: 29 November 2019
The selection committee will make a recommendation to the Japanese authorities. Final selection will be made based on the merit of the application and its relevance to the UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme.
- Priority attention will be given to:
- Women candidates
- Candidates from LDCs (Least Developed Countries) and SIDS (Small Island Developing States)
- African Researchers
- Those who are accepted to pursue their research in Japan
Terms and Conditions
- Importance will be given to only well-planned research proposals.
- The fellowship amount will be given in two or three instalments.
- Fellowship will not be extended or renewed.
- A letter of award will be given to the selected candidates.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more