UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship June 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
University Grants Commission (UGC) invites applications for UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship June 2020 from candidates who qualify in the National Eligibility Test (NET) of the UGC and the UGC-Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) joint test. The aim of this fellowship is to promote and support academic research across the disciplines of Science, Humanities and Social Sciences. Selected fellows will receive a fellowship amount up to INR 14,000 per month, contingency grant of up to INR 25,000 per annum and several other benefits.
UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship June 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have qualified in NET or the UGC-CSIR joint test
- Be a master's degree holder in Humanities, Science and Social Science stream with at least 55% marks
- Not be more than 30 years of age as on 01 June 2020
Note: Candidates who are in the final year of Master's degree whose results are awaited can also apply.
- Fellowship amount of up to INR 14,000 per month
- Contingency grant of up to INR 25,000 per annum
- Departmental assistance of INR 3,000 per annum per student to the host institution
- Escort/reader assistance of INR 2,000 per month to physically handicapped and blind candidates
- House rent allowance
- Medical facilities available in the university/institution/college
- Paid leaves
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the link and register.
Step 2: Once registered, fill in the required details.
Step 3: Upload the supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay the application fee.
Step 5: Submit the application.
Application start date: 16th March 2020
Application deadline: 16th April 2020
Last date to pay the application fees: 17th April 2020
Dates of NET Examination: 15th June 2020 to 20 June 2020
Declaration of NET results: By 5th July 2020
Selection is based on the computer-based test score in the NET examination.
Terms and Conditions
- The selection for the JRF is made by the universities/institutions/colleges
- The tenure of fellowship is initially for two years under the JRF scheme. Upon expiry of this period, the work of the Fellow will be evaluated by experts
- If the research work is found satisfactory, his/her tenure will be extended for a further period of three years under the enhanced emoluments of the Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
- The total period of fellowship (JRF and SRF) is five years, will no further provision of extension
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more