Times Scholars Programme 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Times of India invites applications for Times Scholars Programme 2019 from class 10 to 12 students. The aim of this program is to develop reading habits among the students and prepare them to understand the society, environment and worldview. The programme is available for students at two levels namely, Level 1 (class 10 and 11 students) and Level 2 (class 12 students). The best performing 100 students in each level will receive a Dell laptop each and other benefits.
Times Scholars Programme 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national
- Be studying in class 10 to 12
- For class X and XI (Level 1) - The top 100 students to be awarded a Dell laptop each.
- For class XII (Level 2) – The top 100 students to be awarded a Dell laptop each. These students will also be eligible for admission in the undergraduate courses at Bennett University with a scholarship applicable for 1 year. The students will need to fulfil the eligibility criteria of the University.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to register for the programme.
Step 2: Provide all the required information and click on 'Register'.
- Registration timeline: 14th September 2019 to 23rd October 2019
- Reading phase: 25th October 2019 to 15th December 2019
- Timeline for 6 practice tests: 09th November 2019 to 15th December 2019
- Timeline for 2 PowerPoint Presentations Online: 19th November 2019 to 05th December 2019
- Final online examination timeline: 21st December 2019 to 23rd December 2019
- First shortlisting of candidates: 10th January 2020
- Interview of shortlisted candidates: 20th January 2020 to 05th February 2020
- Announcement of results: 15th February 2020
- Prize distribution: March 2020 to April 2020
Selections will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the reading phase, final examination and interview.
Terms and Conditions
- For each of the two levels, 100 winners will be selected.
- There is no registration fee for this programme.
- All phase participation is mandatory to be considered for the scholarship.
- The participants are required to read the articles published in the Times of India print version labelled under TIMES SCHOLARS during the reading phase and attempt the practice tests.
- The articles will be based on a variety of fields like current affairs, sports, science & technology, politics, education, social issues, global developments, etc.
- During the programme, the participants are also required to prepare two PowerPoint presentations depicting the summary of articles published.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more