The UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
University Grants Commission Basic Scientific Research (UGC-BSR) invites applications for The UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship 2020 from talented teachers in Science and Technology who are at the verge of superannuation to continue their productive research for an additional period of three years after superannuation. The selected candidates will receive INR 50,000 per month and a research grant of INR 5,00,000 per annum (on yearly basis).
The UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a teacher at the level of Reader/Associate Professor/Professor in the Science and Technology departments of the universities
- Have successfully supervised the PhD dissertation of 15 (in basic sciences) or 10 (in engineering and technology) full time candidates, 5 of whom are graduated during the last 10 years
- Have handled, as Principal Investigator, sponsored research projects funded by national/international agencies, in the last 10 years
- Have obtained a cumulative impact factor of published papers as 50 or above (according to the Journal Citation Reports of Thomson Reuters)
- Apply within 1 year of the date of superannuation
- Not hold any administrative responsibility during the tenure of the Fellowship, effective from the date of superannuation
Note: The Department/School/University must provide an undertaking that the applicant will be provided with required laboratory infrastructure and administrative assistance for undertaking the fellowship work and the permission to take at least two stipendiary candidates for PhD under the applicant.
The selected candidates will receive INR 50,000 per month and a research grant of INR 5,00,000 per annum (on yearly basis).
The candidates will be asked to upload three (3) PDF files providing -
- Complete list of publications giving for each paper: serial number, the title of the paper, names of all authors, journal, year, volume, page and impact factor of the journal
- Grant-related information (one-page proposal and planned utilization of the grant)
- Certificate from the University in a given format
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply -
Step 1: Click here and read all the instructions carefully.
Step 2: Click on 'Apply for the Grant' button.
Step 3: Log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 4: Fill in all required details in the application form.
Step 5: Upload all relevant documents and submit the application.
Application deadline: Throughout the year
- The National Coordinator of this programme goes through the applications, evaluates them and makes recommendations.
- The Empowered Committee for Basic Scientific Research (BSR) in Indian Universities goes through the recommendations of the National Coordinator of the Programme and takes the final decision.
Terms and Conditions
- The grant cannot be utilized for International travel and the purchase of furniture.
- The recipient can decide the quantum of funds under these heads depending on his/her needs.
- Tenure of fellowship is for three years / 68 year, whichever is earlier.
- The fellowship amount shall be disbursed through UGC designated bank into the bank account of the awardee.
- The research grant can be utilised for purchase of equipment, computer/laptop, printer, chemicals glassware and consumables, hiring project/technical assistant, contingency, travel (within India), fieldwork, etc.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more