The ICWA Fellowship Program 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Institute of Current World Affairs (ICWA) invites applications for its ICWA Fellowship Program 2019 from candidates with a passion for their project country, who are sufficiently prepared to take advantage of the opportunity and who are not older than 36 years old. The ultimate objective of the ICWA fellowship program is to cultivate deep expertise in foreign countries and cultures. ICWA’s mission is to identify and cultivate rare potential and provide the opportunity with financial assistance.
The ICWA Fellowship Program 2019
To be eligible for the fellowship, the applicants-
- Must be under 36 years of age
- Must be acquainted with the prospective language for carrying out their proposed project.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Must have completed the current phase of their formal education
- Show strong and reliable ties to the United States
The selected fellows will receive full financial support for himself/herself and accompanying family members. Full financial support means that ICWA will provide the fellows with sufficient funding to cover their expenses, enabling them to fulfil the purpose of the fellowship and allowing them and their families (if accompanying) to live in good health and reasonable comfort.
Note: Full financial support does not include any stipend for the fellow. The fellows with appropriate topics may receive support from specially endowed funds including, John Miller Musser Memorial Forest & Society Fellowships and John O. Crane Memorial Fellowships associated with the institution.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Write a Letter of Interest for the fellowship.
Step 2: Send the Letter of Interest and an updated resume/CV in English to the institute via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org OR by post to the following address:
Institute of Current World Affairs
1779 Massachusetts Ave.
NW, Suite 605
Washington, DC 20036
Step 3: Wait for the institution to respond to the application, they will send a detailed application further if the applicant is selected.
Note: The Letter of Interest has no limit, the candidate should take the space and make a cogent case for himself/herself. The letter should contain the following information:
- What would the applicant do if he/she had a 2-year, self- designed fellowship overseas?
- Why is the applicant the right person to carry the fellowship out?
- The age of the applicant.
The selected fellows are expected to depart for their fellowships within 6 months of their selection.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are not considered on a rolling basis.
- The institute is unable to respond to all applications, but will certainly answer those that fit the fellowship requirements.
- This is a competitive process. The strongest applicants will be invited to submit a more detailed application.
- “Full financial support” also does not mean unlimited financial support; fellows are expected to live and spend modestly.
- Fellowships are not scholarships. The institution does not support degree programs at universities, the writing of books or research projects aimed at answering specific questions in a particular academic discipline.
- Applications from currently enrolled undergraduate students are not eligible.
- While the candidates are expected to design projects of topical interest, fellowships are not aimed at covering news events. The institute does not send fellows into war zones, or places where intense security concerns prevent them from interacting with the local populace.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more