The German Chancellor Fellowship 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 14-07-2022 Posted By : Salma
The German Chancellor Fellowship 2022 is an initiative of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation for graduate students. This fellowship gives applicants an opportunity to network with other candidates from different countries and find solutions to the global issues of our times. The selected fellows will receive lump sum amount regarding travel expenses, a subsidy towards research costs, Europe allowance for a stay at an institute in another European country, extensive alumni sponsorship after fellowship completion, and family and flat-rate allowances.
The German Chancellor Fellowship 2022
To be eligible, the applicant must -
- Be an Indian national
- Hold a bachelor's or equivalent academic degree
- Have completed the first academic degree (Bachelor's or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago*
- Have good knowledge of English and/or German
*Note - The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October 2023.
The selected candidates will receive the following awards -
- A monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 Euros, 2,470 Euros or 2,770 Euros – depending on the training and career level
- An intensive language course before the applicant begins the fellowship and funding for German courses during the fellowship
- Individual support during the stay in Germany
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, travel expenses, full private health insurance or for an additional German language course
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Project plan (max. 3 pages)
- An extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- Two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the "Register" to continue with the application process. (Note - If the applicant is already registered, please log in using valid credentials.)
Step 3: Fill in the required information step-by-step and attach the relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Programme Announcement - March 2022
Application Deadline - 15th October 2022
Selection Meeting - April 2023
The candidate will be selected based on the following criteria -
- Previous career and leadership potential
- The significance of fellowship for further career development
- Potential to build bridges between the home country and Germany
- International outlook and future role as an international leader
- Existing knowledge to help complete the project successfully
- The relevance of the project for the dialogue of modern societies
Terms and Conditions
- Intensive German course in Bonn for maximum of 3 months.
- The fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more