Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites applications for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) 2021 from students having PhD degree in Science or MS/MD in Medicine or ME/MTech in Engineering/Technology. This scheme aims to facilitate mobility of faculty members working in state universities/colleges and in private academic institutions to carry out research work in an established publicly funded institution such as IITs, IISc, IISERs, National Institutions and Central Universities. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 60,000 per annum and other benefits.
Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an Indian citizen residing in India
- Hold a PhD degree in Science or MS/MD in Medicine or ME/MTech in Engineering/Technology
- Hold a regular academic/research position in state universities/ colleges and private academic institutions
- Not hold any ongoing research projects or any fellowship at the time of submission of application
- Not be more than 45 years of age at the time of the submission of the application
- 5 (five) years age relaxation will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates).
- A mentor should be preferably at the level of Associate Professor/ Scientist E or higher level.
The selected scholars will receive -
- A research fellowship of INR 60,000 per year
- Research grant of INR 5 lakh per annum (50% each to host and parent institution) and overheads (as per SERB norms)
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- A certificate from the principal investigator
- Endorsement certificate from the Head of Parent Institution
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of host Institution
- CV of the Mentor
- Category certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Joining report
- Mandatory 90 days attendance certificate by the end of the financial year
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 4: Submit the application
Application start date: 10th February 2021
Application deadline: 15th March 2021
- The proposals will be evaluated through peer review processes as per SERB guidelines.
- Selection for TARE scheme will be purely competitive based on the scientific merit of the proposal.
Terms and Conditions
- Researchers being part of another project as Co-PIs, can apply
- Only central institutes / national research labs and universities are eligible as host institute.
- Age of the institute will not be considered, as long as it is affiliated by UGC / AICTE / MCI or other competent organizations of Government of India / State Governments.
- The fellowship is tenable for three years covering areas under Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, and Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, including interdisciplinary areas.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more