Teach for India Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Teach for India Fellowship 2020 is an opportunity for young students of universities and workplaces to serve as a full-time teacher to the wards of the family having lower income. The main objective behind this fellowship is to make young generation feel the grassroots realities of India's education so that they share their knowledge, skills, and mindsets to the underprivileged children, thus building educational equity in the country.
Teach for India Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
- Fellows from varying levels of professional experience can apply.
- They must hold a graduate degree.
- Students studying in college, working youth, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs can also apply.
- The fellow must be academically proficient, demonstrate leadership and strong organizational skills.
- The fellows must be proficient in the English language.
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of INR 20,412 per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, they will be given a housing allowance ranging from INR 5,300 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- In addition, fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply online.
Step 1: Click here to apply for the scholarship.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on 'Apply Now'.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 4: Check for the eligibility criteria.
Step 5: Fill in the application form and submit.
There are 4 application deadlines for the 2020 Fellowship Program, check below the dates:
- Deadline 1: 06th September 2020. (Outcome: 16th September 2019)
- Deadline 2: 08th November 2020. (Outcome: 20th November 2020)
- Deadline 3: 17th January 2021. (Outcome: 28th January 2021)
- Deadline 4: 14th March 2021. (Outcome: 24th March 2021)
The fellows are selected based on the following criteria -
- Academic proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Holding a graduate degree
Furthermore, the selection process is divided into three stages -
Stage 1: After successful submission of the application form, the applicants have to appear for an online test of 1 hour (AMCAT) within 4 days or 96 hours from the time of application of submission.
The students shortlisted after the AMCAT online test are called for a telephonic interview of 30-minutes with one of the eminent team members.
The candidate, after clearing the telephonic interview round will be invited for an in-person assessment centre where they have to teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in group discussion, and have to complete a short problem-solving activity. There will be a 1-hour personal interview also.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship is running across 320 schools across Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, and Bangalore.
- The online test focuses on the applicant's situational judgement and English language ability.
- The fellows are required to teach the students of class 2nd to 10th. The key subjects to be taught include Mathematics, English, Social Studies and Science with the exception of regional languages.
- The fellowship is a full-time paid commitment for 2 years.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more