TCS Research Fellowship Program 2017-18
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
TCS Research Fellowship Program 2017 objective is to provide an opportunity to the PhD students for a maximum period of 4 years or the submission of the PhD thesis, whichever is earlier. TCS may grant an extension of the fellowship to the 5 years at its discretion, under exceptional circumstances. This fellowship will give the students stipend of Rs 18000 per month for the first two years and Rs 20000 per month for the next two years. The scheme is for the students of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering.
TCS Research Fellowship Program 2017-18
- A student should not be more than 28 years of age.
- The student should have secured the first class in all examinations since school.
- The scheme is open for those students who are eligible for a PhD, and it is only valid for those students applying for a fresh PhD program.
- Students have to be registered as full-time students in the institute/college where the PhD registration is sought.
- The scheme is only for this study areas:
How can you apply?
Application can be done through institute with the following steps:
Step 1: Attach letter of application, letter of support by the institute, the research area write-up, which should include a short review, broad problem statement, proposed scope and focus student’s CV: Education, grades obtained, honours, publication list, work experience (if any). CV of the proposed guide.
Step 2: Institute will select the students for this program.
Step 3: TCS will select the students and conduct an interview of a student if it deems necessary for the selection for the scheme.
Step 4: The interviews will be conducted in one of the Innovation Labs of TCS and students must travel to the designated Lab for the interview (To-and-fro 2nd A/C rail fare from the institute to the place of interview will be paid to each student called for the interview).
Terms and Conditions
- The TCS Research Scholar have to participate in one International Refereed Conference, held outside India, during the four-year period, where he/she has a paper to present, and he/she is one of the authors of the paper. The grant would cover travel, conference registration, accommodation and living allowance as per TCS’ norms.
- The guide of the TCS Research Scholar to participate in one International Refereed Conference, held outside India, during the four-year period, where the guide has a paper to present, with the Scholar being a coauthor, but not a participant in the conference. The grant would cover travel, conference registration, accommodation and living allowance as per TCS’ norms.
- The scholar to participate in two International / National Refereed Conferences, held in India, during the four-year period, where he/she has a paper to present, and he/she is one of the authors of the paper. The grant would cover travel, conference registration, accommodation and living allowance as per TCS’ norms.
- A one-time contingency grant of Rs 100000 to the institute for every student enrolled as a TCS Research Scholar in order to meet any incidental expenses related to the student’s project, as approved by his/her research guide.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more