Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research 2019 is inviting applications for the award of fellowships and scholarships in the scheme component of Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research (TNFCR) under the scheme of scholarship and fellowship for Promotion of Art and Culture. The Scheme is open to both Indian and foreign nationals. The scheme has two categories of Awards – ‘Tagore National Fellows’ and ‘Tagore Research Scholars’. The scholars will receive INR 80,000 as an honorarium monthly stipend. Around 40 scholarships are awarded in a year.
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the fellowship, the applicants must:
- Have sound academic or professional credentials and must have made a significant contribution to knowledge in their respective fields
- Have 5 years of experience in conducting/guiding research or the same experience in performing/any other arts
- Have an impressive list of publications into their credit with at least two monographs (single authored)
- Have both the credentials as laid down in the preceding points, as well as a strong reputation in the field covered by the Nodal Institution
- Have directly engaged with major projects at the Nodal Institution in the past
- Be those who have already become a ‘legend’ in his area of work (they will be highly regarded for this fellowship)
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must:
- Have good academic credentials such as at least one publication, either a book or a research paper in reputed journals, and 2 years of research/teaching experience
- Have identified a nodal institution. The research work may also include identification and cataloguing of sources available with the institution or archiving and creation of new sources that the institution should have
Scholars will receive fellowship and scholarship with the following benefits:
- Tagore National Fellow who is from a University, College, Research Institute or Government set up in India would be entitled to the same pay, including grade pay, etc. which he/she would have drawn had he/she continued in his/her parent organization.
- Fellows from abroad or from a set-up other than University, College, Research Institute or Government service, or who have retired from active service and/or is on pension, would be entitled to a fixed honorarium of INR 80,000 per month.
- Contingency grant - All scholars who take up the fellowship under the scheme will be reimbursed on ‘actuals’ basis, contingent expenses for making academic trips, engaging research assistants, etc. up to a ceiling of INR 2.50 Lakh per annum, during the tenure of the fellowship.
- The scholarship honorarium will be INR 50,000 per month. If the scholar is from a University, College, Research Institute or Government set-up in India, he/she would be entitled to the same pay, including grade pay, etc. which he/she would have drawn had he/she continued in his/her parent organization.
- Scholars will also be paid a contingency grant on ‘actuals basis’ up to a ceiling of INR 10,000 per month and other allowances/benefits provided in this scheme.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and download the application.
Step 2: Provide information on name, gender, date of birth and attach a photograph.
Step 3: Provide information on parents' name, applicant's address, Email etc.
Step 4: Provide information on the present occupation, income details, Aadhar details etc.
Step 5: Provide information on proposed research, publication, two referee details etc.
Step 6: Send the application to Nodal Institution under the Ministry of Culture. The details of the nodal institutions can be found here.
The selection will be based on the relevance of the study, benefits of the nodal institution from that particular study and also the credentials and reputation of the scholar.
Terms and Conditions
- The eminent scholars who have expertise in the fields according to the subjects of the scheme would be invited by the Ministry of Culture to join the National Selection Committee (NSC).
- The selection of candidates need not be confined to those who respond to the advertisement only.
- It is for the institution to consider suo moto the names of eminent scholars, who in the opinion of the institution and members of its Institution Level Search-cum-Screening Committee (ILSSC) have expertise in subjects relevant to it, and invite them to submit their proposal for consideration by the NSC.
- An ILSSC will be constituted by each institution. The director or the Head of the institution will be the Convener of the ILSSC and it will have at least three academics or cultural experts and not more than two officials.
- The total number of fellowships/scholarships administered by the institutions may be decided by the Ministry of culture from time to time, in consultation with the participating institutions.
- Applications received after the prescribed date and time will be rejected.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more